“Bland, dry, disappointed.”

Dining options: Reservations
Asheville, North Carolina
“Bland, dry, disappointed.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by a friend, wanted to try for a long time. Finally husband and I are there. Had the stone bowl with seafood.
Bland. The seafood rubbery and it was all a bit stodgy.
Nothing special.
Not terrible just kind of boring and chewy.
Probably won't return.

• Visited October 2013

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Authentic Korean Cuisine in Asheville”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is one of my favorite local restaurants. Went there with a large group of friends recently and sat in the small patio area. About half us ordered one of their signature stone bowl recipes. Very tasty! The sake was good as well!

Archdale, North Carolina
“Authentic Korean!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was an EXCELLENT restaurant! Their kimchi was wonderful! I ordered the bulgogi and it was AMAZING! The service was very good. I am half Asian and really appreciate authentic eats! I had lots of "cousins" eating in there too which is always a good sign. I came home and told some of my Korean friends about t and they actually drove to Asheville just to eat there! They enjoyed it just as much as I did. It is extremely difficult to find a hot pot anywhere. Enjoy! Can't wait to go back.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Eh, was not what I was expecting”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have been wanting to try Korean food for a while now, and we were so excited when we finally got the opportunity when we went to Asheville. Stone Bowl was unfortunately not what we expected. :( We had the lunch box, which came with meat, kimchi, kimchi style veggies, 2 pieces of sushi and 2 of the smallest dumplings I have ever seen. Oh, and the soup. The soup was terrible. It was a clearish broth that had tofu but tasted like fish. I disliked it very much. I asked the waitress what the heck made it so fishy and she said shrimp flour? It would have been good if they left that wretched stuff out. The chicken was super spicy, I liked it okay. The sushi was also really terrible, I gave it to the boyfriend. The dumplings were deep fried and one of my boyfriends had nothing in it. I'm not sure if we got the wrong thing since the place had stellar reviews, but I was disappointed. I would try it again, but I would eat dinner here, not lunch.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Hara S
St Thomas
“Korean food for the typical American palette.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Your won't find any Korean people eating at this restaurant. The dishes are overly sweet. We felt as if we had desert for lunch. Without the excessive use of sugar, this would be a decent Korean restaurant. The service was friendly and attentive. The dining room and bathroom were tastefully decorated and very clean.

1 Thank budahhfly