“EXACT”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently visited Asheville from Seoul where I am living. I wanted to take my family for Korean food (which I LOVE). I only found the one place in the area so we gave it a shot. You WILL NOT be disappointed. The food is authentic and delicious. The Bulgogi, Bibimbap, Manduk, Kimbap..... we had everything!! Even the kids (9 and 12) loved it. PLEASE go to the Stone Bowl and enjoy exact Korean cuisine, you'll be happy you did!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Because I lived in Korea for two years, everyone and their mom wanted me to accompany them to Stone Bowl, the first Korean restaurant in Asheville. Of course I don’t really care for Korean food, with the exception of bulgogi, but I decided to check it out and see if it was the real thing. I was impressed! If you’re on a budget, lunch is your best bet as you can get a “lunch box” for $9 which along with your main dish includes kimchi (Korea’s famous fermented cabbage), kimbap (Korean sushi), mandu (fried dumplings), rice, dipping sauce, and a few other sides. The main menu offers traditional Korean dishes such as pancakes (not what you think), bibimbap, bulgogi, galbi, kimchi jjigae, don katsu, and udon noodles. These of course are served with a wide array of sides as is typical in Korea. If you’re looking for authentic Korean cuisine in Asheville, look no further!! And be sure to practice eating with metal chopsticks before you come.

1  Thank iselynjenniep
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I almost reluctant to write anything negative because I am so thrilled to have Korean food available in Asheville. However, this is my second time there and had similar experiences. The quality of the food is excellent, the restaurant clean and well decorated. The beer list is very small with all the great beers locally? The prices do seem high compared to Korean restaurants I have been to before. The service was very slow the first time I was there soon after opening and thought that was the issue. This last time it was !worse. It was a busy Saturday evening but not so that we weren't seated in 10 minutes. The first waiter was business like but not friendly. He then disappeared from our area and another person took over. She took our order, which took quite a while, served two of our party their dinner but the third person did not get their dinner until we were almost done! No attempt to get her attention to see where the order was worked for 10 minutes. We were not checked once during dinner and it took at least 15 mintes after we were all done to get anyone to bring us the bill. It was by someone different and the bill was wrong. The second waitsperson was washing tables near us as we tactfully tried to get their attention and there was hardly anyone waiting for tables. I guess a thrid time might be a charm, when I do decide to try them again.

1  Thank tonka1234
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was my first experience at a Korean restaurant. I ordered the Stone Bowl meal and was amazed and thrilled. The food was excellent and service was quite good. Staff was helpful, knowledgable about the food, and food was served in good time. Atmosphere was very nice. Only issue was this restaurant was a little difficult to find.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a wonderful and authentic restaurant. The servers were knowledgeable, quick and polite. The food is grest and the menu exhaustive. You should try this restaurant!