“Artists at the table”
Review of The Junction

The Junction
Reserve with OpenTable
The Junction is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Junction is the first full service restaurant in Asheville's River Arts District. We feature Southern-inspired farm to table fare and seasonal craft cocktails with fresh ingredients. We brine our fried chicken, smoke our pears, handcraft our soups and visit tailgate markets weekly. We make our own bacon and ketchup, squeeze cases of citrus each week for cocktails and work with other local, small businesses whenever possible. We invite you to join us after work for a casual beer and a burger at the bar, or to bring your beloved or whole family for a unique dining experience. Our menu features a combination of soups, salads and sharing plates as well as hearty entree options so that every dining experience is unique. Please visit our website to preview menus, as they change weekly.
Knoxville
“Artists at the table”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Our first great meal at the Junction in Asheville's River district last year was NOT a flash in the pan. We came early (kitchen cranks up at 530) and relaxed with a great wine that they helped the sisters choose. Courtney (bartender? hostess? all around dining muse?) happily tweaked my good to start with ginger martini to perfection (keep it on the menu!). The ladies thought their fish (amberjack) was the best ever. I gambled on sweetbreads (with head cheese & stinging nettle potato puree) & won! Excellent! A neighborhood ambiance with world-class culinary craftsmanship evident in many details

Charlotte,Nc
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We ate here prior to a concert partly because of previous TA reviews. The physical space is interesting with artwork for sale throughout the interior. Our server was nice enough but spoke very softly and was hard to hear at times. We had the buffalo fried dough appetizer which was spicy but not tasty. I had the soup which was a broccoli cheese soup and again was not very good. For our entrees 2 of us had the amber jack. This was very good as were the sides, but for 25 dollars I expected more than 4oz of fish. The fried chicken was also good but at 20 dollars for a thigh and a leg not a great deal of food. Finally the burger was OK but not noteworthy. I spent 120 dollars with tax and tip and left hungry. Finally, they have a patio where smoking is allowed. We spent the entire meal breathing in the unpleasant aroma of others cigarettes since the garage door was open as it was a plasant evening. When we complained we were told that nothing could be done about it. All in all this restaurant was a huge disappointment.

1 Thank tbv77
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Food you'll dream about”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Im not sure who thought of covering a pork rind in pecan pie filling and goat cheese, but I must say, that man is a GENIUS. One of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. I also had the meat and cheese board, the fried oysters, the sweetbreads, an amazing bowl of soup, and an array of strange yet delicious cocktails. The owner introduced himself, the bartender was pleasant and knowledgeable, and each dish was more delicious than the last. The Junction just moved to the top of my "Favorite Restaurants" list.

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“off the beaten path - very yummy!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

visited for dinner, wait staff was very friendly and very knowledgable about the beer selection (which my husband loved). The food was very good and service was quick!

Visited March 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Classy joint, classy owner, awesome food and service”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I first encountered this restaurant while waiting for a table at Pizza Pura (which is also fantastic). We ordered the mussels and a buffalo wing sauce fried dough thing. The mussels were fantastic in a nice carrot sauce, the fried dough deal is something I would pass on but it was quite good. The atmosphere and food were good enough so that we wanted to give brunch a shot.

I ordered the bloody mary bouillabaisse during my next visit. It was very good. The fish cakes reminded me of the kind my mom used to make, except hers was a Vietnamese style and these were in a tomato sauce. Accompanied with mussels, the dish was excellent. Very balanced flavors. I also had the sweet cake as an appetizer, also very good.

Charles, the owner, is also extremely friendly. Very accommodating and from what I could tell, open to feedback. I will definitely be back. If you're in the area, don't pass this place up.

• Visited April 2014