“We chose to skip dinner reservations and concert because we were enjoying Hill House so much!”

Hill House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and spacious room! Complimentary wine and cookies on Hill House porch was the highlight of our Asheville trip! Hill House was the perfect B&B. Very nice, high quality without being stuffy. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Hill_House_Innkeeper, Owner at Hill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Margaret, Glad you enjoyed our cookies so much. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Everything about the property is lovingly cared for, from the rooms to the grounds. It's a very peaceful space to get away to. I loved our room and it's extra sitting space off to the side. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Hill_House_Innkeeper, Owner at Hill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Kayt, Thanks so much for the kind words....

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed 3 nights at Hill House. A Thursday to Sunday stay. The room was one of the smaller offerings at this Inn as we made a last minute trip to escape the FL heat. The room was perfect and well appointed with a comfortable bed. The decor was warm, inviting and functional. Breakfasts were divine and a great way to start each day at 9am. In the evenings from 5-7pm the wine and light appetizer platter was a nice way to commune once again with other guests before setting out to town for dinner. The overall reason I liked the Inn was because the staff was always available without being intrusive which made for a relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: Go to the Inn's website directly to view pictures of each room. For a historic home the rooms a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Joan, You're too kind. Thanks, David

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although we were only able to stay at this B & B for one night, we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We were greeted by name at check-in and shown around the home. We easily found our way to downtown, just a quick drive down Merrimon Ave. The Arcade room, on the first floor, was very cozy and comfortable. The breakfast, a peach soufflé and slice of ham, was served with coffee and juice with bits of fruit in it. Delicious. We also enjoyed the company of Crystal, who along with the food delivered some quite interesting stories!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hill_House_Innkeeper, Owner at Hill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thanks for the nice words, MM. Crystal certainly loves to chat up guests after breakfast.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was good... the bed very comfortable. I enjoyed the socializing immensely (to my surprise, actually). The same group was there for most of my stay, and we talked over coffee before breakfast, during breakfast, and then at the wine and hors d'oeuvres time in late afternoon. Hill House is close to a superb grocery store, as well as within an easy walk to downtown. I recommend this B & B without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I have to tell everyone that Nat, one of Hill House's assistant innkeepers, is Mark's son. But honest, Mark had a great time here.....

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My pup and I stayed at Hill House for a long weekend. It was perfect in every way. The decor is just our style. Not too heavy and ornate and not to floral and grandmotherly. I felt like Goldielocks, everything was just right. The landscaping is beautiful but the best part is the front porch. In early June the weather was perfect and there was a constant breeze. My pup and I stayed out there as much as possible.

The breakfast was delicious every morning and the staff very helpful. Plus there were bits of cookies and tasties throughout the day.

The house is located only a mile from downtown so we walked downtown so as not to worry about parking, which you have to pay for. Asheville is incredibly dog friendly. Like one guy I stopped to ask for directions, they love dogs more then each other. Ha! Edie got attention everywhere we went.

If in Asheville I recommend visiting the Grove Arcade Gallery.

The restaurants were incredible. I ate at the following and enjoyed each one immensely.
Tupelo Honey - The quintessential Asheville eatery
Farm Burger - No. 5, best burger I've ever had
Wicked Weed Brewery - Wonderful outdoor eating and extremely dog friendly
Chai Pani - totally new food experience for me. Wonderful staff.

I would love to come back for a visit and stay at Hill House.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Katie, You and Edie are welcome back anytime..... David

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Hill House Bed & Breakfast is located about a mile from Asheville Downtown. Which makes it very easy to get out and walk to explore the city.
Our hosts were very welcoming and instantly made us feel at home. The decor was very comfortable. We stayed in the Battery Parm room. The bedroom side of things felt a little squished, but the attached sunroom helped alleviate the slight claustrophobia. The room over all was immaculate and beautiful. The charm of the house makes you feel as if you actually lived there. It is worth noting that since it is an old house it does creak a bit, which could be off-setting to a light sleeper.
The breakfast was phenomenal! We were served the breakfast lasagna and a grilled nectarine with cream. The juice/smoothie was a combination of what was in the fridge- blueberries, strawberries, bannana, and more I believe. My wife who does not like the taste of egg was very much in love with the breakfast lasagna.
All in all a very pleasant experience and well worth a repeat visit on our next trip to Asheville.

• Stayed: June 2013