“Lovely overnight stay”

Hill House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although we were only able to stay at this B & B for one night, we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. We were greeted by name at check-in and shown around the home. We easily found our way to downtown, just a quick drive down Merrimon Ave. The Arcade room, on the first floor, was very cozy and comfortable. The breakfast, a peach soufflé and slice of ham, was served with coffee and juice with bits of fruit in it. Delicious. We also enjoyed the company of Crystal, who along with the food delivered some quite interesting stories!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hill_House_Innkeeper, Owner at Hill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thanks for the nice words, MM. Crystal certainly loves to chat up guests after breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Hill House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was good... the bed very comfortable. I enjoyed the socializing immensely (to my surprise, actually). The same group was there for most of my stay, and we talked over coffee before breakfast, during breakfast, and then at the wine and hors d'oeuvres time in late afternoon. Hill House is close to a superb grocery store, as well as within an easy walk to downtown. I recommend this B & B without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I have to tell everyone that Nat, one of Hill House's assistant innkeepers, is Mark's son. But honest, Mark had a great time here.....

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My pup and I stayed at Hill House for a long weekend. It was perfect in every way. The decor is just our style. Not too heavy and ornate and not to floral and grandmotherly. I felt like Goldielocks, everything was just right. The landscaping is beautiful but the best part is the front porch. In early June the weather was perfect and there was a constant breeze. My pup and I stayed out there as much as possible.

The breakfast was delicious every morning and the staff very helpful. Plus there were bits of cookies and tasties throughout the day.

The house is located only a mile from downtown so we walked downtown so as not to worry about parking, which you have to pay for. Asheville is incredibly dog friendly. Like one guy I stopped to ask for directions, they love dogs more then each other. Ha! Edie got attention everywhere we went.

If in Asheville I recommend visiting the Grove Arcade Gallery.

The restaurants were incredible. I ate at the following and enjoyed each one immensely.
Tupelo Honey - The quintessential Asheville eatery
Farm Burger - No. 5, best burger I've ever had
Wicked Weed Brewery - Wonderful outdoor eating and extremely dog friendly
Chai Pani - totally new food experience for me. Wonderful staff.

I would love to come back for a visit and stay at Hill House.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Katie, You and Edie are welcome back anytime..... David

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Hill House Bed & Breakfast is located about a mile from Asheville Downtown. Which makes it very easy to get out and walk to explore the city.
Our hosts were very welcoming and instantly made us feel at home. The decor was very comfortable. We stayed in the Battery Parm room. The bedroom side of things felt a little squished, but the attached sunroom helped alleviate the slight claustrophobia. The room over all was immaculate and beautiful. The charm of the house makes you feel as if you actually lived there. It is worth noting that since it is an old house it does creak a bit, which could be off-setting to a light sleeper.
The breakfast was phenomenal! We were served the breakfast lasagna and a grilled nectarine with cream. The juice/smoothie was a combination of what was in the fridge- blueberries, strawberries, bannana, and more I believe. My wife who does not like the taste of egg was very much in love with the breakfast lasagna.
All in all a very pleasant experience and well worth a repeat visit on our next trip to Asheville.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The Hill House B & B was the perfect choice for our first B & B experience. It was my fiancé's first trip to Asheville as well as our anniversary so I wanted to plan the perfect getaway. The location was perfect as it was private and secure but also only minutes away from downtown Asheville. As a surprise, I selected the Biltmore for our stay and I do not regret it! After camping at Mt. Pisgah for several nights the jacuzzi tub and bed were heavenly. We felt so relaxed and both slept like babies both nights! The food was extraordinary and David, Crystal, and Nat were amazing, hospitable hosts. The house is well lit and you don't feel as if you have to "sneak" downstairs for a midnight cookie as the jar is endless :) Very clean and tidy and the staff was very respectful of our schedule as space but also made themselves available 24-7. Breakfast in bed was the icing on the cake!
I only wish that we could have spent more time at the house to enjoy the staff's company! I would definitely recommend Hill House for any and all fellow traveler. We will surely stay again! Thanks everyone!

Room Tip: You will not regret the Biltmore and the photos online do not do it justice as it exceeded our expec...
Reviewed June 9, 2013

As we drove into the narrow drive at Hill House, there wasn't much to see. Until the big porch became visible, the beautiful plants and the cottage behind the main house that would be our home in Asheville for the next three nights. The cottage, although the main house is delightful, was the perfect spot for my husband and I as we sought a long weekend away from angry emails and too-many phone calls. It sat separate with it's own kitchen and dining room, it's own porch and it was just perfect for us stressed-out folks desperate for some relaxation.

The breakfasts were top notch with the pear souffle being our singular favorite. Asheville itself is a town in which you can just be who you are. The staff as well as all the guest were nice and interesting and provided a true respite to our weary souls. A morning jog was great to be able to see all the nice homes in the Five Points neighborhood in which Hill House sits. We would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a little break in the great little artistic town that is Asheville, NC.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We chose Hill House off the internet. We wanted to get married in Asheville and this B and B was.the perfect size. The owner and staff were great. They were happy to do anything that could to make our stay perfect. Friday evening there were finger foods and wine. Breakfast was served Sat am. and was delicious. We had the wedding in the hard at Hill House and the setting was beautiful. Sunday brought another delicious breakfast and then packing to leave. Everyone had a wonderful weekend. Everything was clean, well kept,the staff was wonderful and the setting beautiful. Thank you David, Nat, and Crystal.

• Stayed: May 2013