“Mid priced trendy hotel in downtown Asheville”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Greenville, SC
“Mid priced trendy hotel in downtown Asheville”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

While I am not among the younger well-heeled demographic this chain is seeking, I did enjoy my stay nonetheless. I wouldn't call it a bargain - the rate is offset by a couple of things that are. Hotel parking in the attached garage is $5 vs. the usual $20 or more I have seen elsewhere. Also, overall the food prices are cheap. I was able to eat my usual breakfast of Cheerios, milk, and a banana for $4 vs. a $15 breakfast buffet. A bottle of the hotel branded spring water was $1, about what it would cost at a convenience store. The staff was generally affable but exhibited one or two youthful indiscretions (a phone conversation with another staffer for about a minute while I was waiting). the lobby was very inviting in a youthful, buzzy sort of way emulating an upscale hostel. A lot of outdoor seating makes this very pleasant during temperate months. The rooms were nice. What matters to me is a pristine clean batch of bed linens and towels, free wifi, easily regulated temperatures, and quiet. All were delivered. The room design seemed a bit quirky but I wouldn't characterize that as a bad thing.

I don't mind paying a competitive price for a hotel that isn't out to gouge you at every turn. That is what makes this Aloft a winner in my book.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank fitzthecat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We added Asheville to our trip thanks to its reputation for craft beer and good food and the city didn't disappoint. We chose Aloft because we wanted to be downtown and I'm glad we did. It was an easy walk to amazing options for lunch, coffee and dinner (and fantastic craft beer at Wicked Weed brewing) and our experience with the hotel itself was perfect. Spotlessly clean, modern room with an exceptionally comfortable bed, great service, beautiful rooftop pool, refillable water carafe, and fantastic service. As for the service, they brought us an extra pillow within a minute or two of our call and upon check in, we were told that our room had been inspected by the service manager, since we'd mentioned my allergies when we booked the room, and Max helped me with parking (right next door) and called up to make sure we were happy after we got to our room. I hope to make it to Asheville again some day and if I do, this is where I'm staying.

1 Thank Matt B
Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed April 24, 2014

On our way to Augusta for the Masters, we chose to take the scenic route from Dayton, Ohio through Asheville, NC. What a great choice, with beautiful scenery as we neared Asheville. But the best was choosing to stay in downtown Asheville at eh Aloft Hotel! It's the perfect location to explore Asheville and all it has to offer. The hotel is right downtown and easy walking distance to restaurants and bars, the car never left the attached garage! The hotel is very contemporary and the rooms a bit small, but very well appointed. The convenience of the location is the best as we walked to main street to various shops and food & beverage. The staff was extremely courteous and offered dining suggestions that were spot on to their recommendations. I highly recommend the Aloft Hotel for your stay in Asheville, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill10161
Howell, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

After reading other reviews, I requested a mountain view room, and our stay was perfectly quiet. On the third floor, we had easy access to the pool and 'dog walking lane'. Staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't realize that there was free coffee on the first day, and bought mine at the Starbucks cafe! I guess it's nice to have that there if you want a fancier coffee drink, however. The hotel is close to everything, but make sure to wander down the street to The Wicked Weed for some drinks and apps! Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent Easter with some friends and our dogs here this year. The property is very clean and well maintained. The staff were professional and courteous, and they all love dogs! We definitely enjoyed having the dogs with us for drinks with our friends in the bar. The gym is not very big, but rather well appointed, and there is a lovely pool deck on the third floor. Several great dining options nearby makes this hotel a very convenient place to stay in downtown Asheville. We're going to make Aloft Asheville our home away from home whenever we're in town from now on.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Great Hotel, very friendly staff, large room and great location, easy check in and the lobby/bar is a pleasant place for a drink - we had room 310 with access to the terrace - pool area is great with a view to
the mountains - everything is in walking distance - pls. open in Germany.

piedmont of NC
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Modern, clean lines, layout like other aloft properties. Easy in/out parking garage. Great location in town, walk to restaurants, bars, The Orange Peel. Basic hotel amenities. Comfy beds. Room faced the street and you could hear lots of noise from cars and pedestrians. Not for light sleepers. Not a value property, but premium price is because of excellent location. Bustling lounge and restaurant, seems like the hotel for those who are checking out music and nightlife in Asheville.

Stayed March 2014