Aloft Asheville Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,037 results
All reviewswxyz barpool deckgreat locationorange peelreverse osmosisdog walkbagged iceattached garageparking garagefunky hoteldog runcity bakeryhotel is dog friendlywicked weedcity viewfire pitwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Located right between two of my favorite spots, Wicked Weed Brewing and Curate restaurant, Aloft is well situated for a downtown visit.
The rooms are quite modern in style and the bathroom doesn't afford a ton of privacy with a sliding door but overall I would stay here again if I wanted to be right in the heart of downtown. Parking was designated for hotel guests and was very convenient. The pool looked great out the window.
For those of us who prefer not to sleep where other people's pets have stayed, it would be great if they had a pet free floor.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hi CubbieBear,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our convenient location in the heart of downtown. I will share your feedback regarding a pet-free floor with our team. We always appreciate hearing new ideas and suggestions. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Perfect location within walking distance of just about everything. Parking was well worth the $5.00 per day charge, convenient and loved not having to drive around looking for a spot. Extremely clean and very sleek and modern throughout. Comfy beds and amazing shower that I enjoyed tremendously. The only very small negative was that the room was a little small and didn't have very much storage. Every employee that we encountered was very friendly and helpful. With all this said the best part of our stay was the wonderful smell!! From the time you entered the building there was this wonderful citrusy, clean smell. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I shared her belated Birthday Getaway Fridday night at Aloft Asheville Downtown and could not have enjoyed it more. We stayed in the 6th floor corner King suite which had a great view of all of the happenings on Biltmore below. The room was clean, fresh, quiet, very well appointed, and had PLENTY of room. The bath was great as well, and the convenience of a mini fridge and microwave was great. 2 large TVs kept us tuned into the Olympics after our wonderful dinner at Plant (check it out if you are vegan / vegetarian). The entire hotel was great, super clean, and very current. The entire staff was wonderful, friendly, and helpful. Parking was a breeze once we got or room keys and made it much easier than finding parking in busy downtown Asheville.
The most impressive part of the entire stay (the room was pretty impressive!) was the ease in booking, adapting my reservation, and all of the extras that Claudia from the Talent staff was willing and able to assist with. She helped with local chocolates, a birthday note, a "Chalk Board" welcome, and the entire time treated me like I was the single only guest in the hotel.
We will definetely look to stay again at this location and will check out other Aloft properties.
The stay was exceptional, the hotel was fantastic, and the staff was first class.

Room Tip: Room on the Biltmore side offer a great view of all of the local spots
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at Aloft Asheville, and will probably be our last. We chose Aloft for its location, which was great. The parking, at only $5 a night, was also a nice bonus.
We arrived a little earlier than check in time, and were told they were "putting the finishing touches" on our room. Not a problem, we left for lunch and came back a few hours later.
We were in a mountain view room on the to floor. Amazing room. Except it was 80 degrees. We tried to turn the air on, heat down, nothing. Hard to believe they didn't catch that while putting on those finishing touches.
Maintenance had to come in and work on it. No big deal, we dropped our bags and headed out for a drink. When we came back to the room, it was still hot. They left keys to a new room, on the fourth floor, with a view of the pool, in February. No apologies.
In our new room, while we could push the buttons on the thermostat, it wouldn't go below 75. Our first nights sleep was not great. We mentioned this to the front desk person on Saturday, who did send maintenance back to our room. Our thermostat was broken. Again. I would think at this point, someone in the hotel might take a minute to apologize for the issue. Nope. Not a word.
I had high hopes for Aloft. I was let down. We will go back go Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank outofseason
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear outofseason,

First, let me apologize for the air conditioning not working properly in either of your rooms. More importantly, I want to apologize for the inconveniences you faced while staying with us. I do want to assure you that we take these reviews seriously and we will be using these comments to make continuous improvements in our service. Thank you for your time and insight.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

You will not be sorry you stayed at this hotel. The staff is professional and warm. The decor is modern and clever but is at the same time comfortable and homey. Everything was spotless and well kept. Asheville is a funky, cool city and this hotel really fits its character. This is also a great place to bring your dog. My 12 year old daughter loved it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello Mary Lou N,
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the kind words, and I am glad you had a positive stay.
We take pride in our warm and welcoming staff in addition to our pet-friendly accommodations. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your time in Asheville with the family, and we hope to see you again soon.