“Excellent location, a bit too pricey”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent location, a bit too pricey”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Every review I read prior to my stay was right on about this location!. You can't find a more perfect hotel that provides access to all the downtown Asheville fun. I feel like I was able to see every store and walk all over downtown, twice during the day. Later in the evening, we walked down the street for a nice dinner. I loved the pet-friendly concept, however I will be honest in saying this is the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed at and although the rooms are functional, they are set up small/quaint. We stayed on July 5 for one night, the price was over $300.00 for a standard king room. Probably wouldn't spend that much again.. however, the location advantage and pet-friendly were probably worth the price. The trendy, contemporary concept was neat and I enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Front street window facing room can be a little loud (traffic). Ask for a room in the back of the ho...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My SO & I stayed at Aloft in March 2013 and have already booked another stay here for the beginning of August. Despite the chilly mountain air, we walked everywhere in downtown Asheville that I wanted to go (Virtue, Bouchon, Dobra tea, Hip Replacements). I've stayed in other boutique hotels and this one comes out on top for many reasons--comfort, design, and lack of pretension being chief among them. I haven't checked out the hotel bar or the pool, but I plan on doing both on my next stay. Additionally, this price point is reasonable for the boutique experience, in my opinion.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi TheMSeries,

Thanks for choosing Aloft Asheville and for sharing your feedback with us! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and the convenience of our downtown Asheville location.

We look forward to seeing you again in August, and do hope you'll check out our rooftop pool and pool bar!
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay for a night in Asheville with our Chihuahua before we headed up to my father-in-law's in the mountains. We come to Asheville often and thought we would try this new hotel because of it's incredibly pet-friendly policy. We were given an "Arf Package" complimentary for our dog (we did have to ask for it - would have been nice if they just offered it, as the website stated)

There is a great dog walking area on the 3rd floor. The smells must be great because our little one went much more than usual! Each floor has a water and ice station with drinking water. Awesome!

The rooms are great! They are on the smaller side but the way they are arranged is very comfortable. We just got back from Europe a few months ago so we are used to smaller rooms. This hotel will definitely be our hotel of choice for our future visits to Asheville!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer K
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Let see, what's not to like about this charming hotel? I honestly can't think of anything. Ok...the pool is a little small I suppose. The shower head does sort of splashes out too much water onto the floor...no big deal!!! Aloft is nevertheless, a really fun place to stay. I booked a 1 night stay for a weekend visit to Asheville/Biltmore estate...and it was a fabulous experience. Our family of 4 just love love love this hotel! For a small hotel, they have fairly good amenities with a very hip bar, restaurant, and breakfast/coffee/snack station. The staff is super helpful and friendly. Kudos to the staff and management :-) As a SPG gold member, I was upgraded to a mountain view room, and received a beverage voucher during the stay. This hotel is very modern, clean, and smack in the middle of all the action in downtown Asheville. The location is superb! Across the street are several Art galleries, shops and it's surrounded by a variety of restaurants, bakeries, and breweries. Oh, did I mention it's also only less than 2 mi from the entrance to Biltmore estate. I highly recommend the Aloft, and when I return to Asheville, I would totally stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I will say what many others have said…this hotel is in an excellent location! We never needed our car as it was convenient to everywhere we wanted to go, including many restaurants and breweries. Rooms were small, but comfortable, modern and clean with great amenities. There is no doubt that we’ll stay at the Aloft when we visit Asheville again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi mousemott,

Thanks so much for choosing Aloft Asheville Downtown for your recent trip to Asheville. We're happy you enjoyed our convenient location and found our rooms comfortable and modern.

We look forward to your return!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Location! Location! Location! Within walking distance to all that downtown Asheville has to offer. Friendly staff, fun common areas and nice rooms (nothing fancy, but very functional). Highly recommend the hotel for those that are looking for easy access to downtown and enjoy modern lines and amenities. I wouldn't suggest the property for people looking for a romantic getaway -- lots of activity in the hotel and this area of downtown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thanks KatCunningham15 for the kind words! We're so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay, and our fabulous downtown Asheville location. We're also glad you found our staff accommodating and enjoyed our public spaces and guestrooms.

Come back soon!
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Loved this hotel, from the time we entered the lobby it was full of color and excitement. The patio area, bar and eating area are all vibrant and fun filled iwth lots of excitement just on the check-in. Loved the breakfast service and loved the bar and food service at the bar. I would definitely recommend. I had swimsuit in hand but not a place to swim as the wind was blowing and it was still cool temps when we visited, but the pool area is so inviting with the set-up and the fire pit. The rooms are so cool and also exciting. Vibrant colors and there is nothing better then a room with a swank bathroom and a great shower experience. For me that is the icing on the cake. The hotel is within walking distance of everything, restaurants and shops. I must say there isn't a lot to do after you've viewed the biltmore unless you love beer and lots of brewery's but it is a fun place to explore.

Room Tip: The pool view from the room along with the mountain views are a great choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business