“Great new type of hotel stay”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Loved this hotel, from the time we entered the lobby it was full of color and excitement. The patio area, bar and eating area are all vibrant and fun filled iwth lots of excitement just on the check-in. Loved the breakfast service and loved the bar and food service at the bar. I would definitely recommend. I had swimsuit in hand but not a place to swim as the wind was blowing and it was still cool temps when we visited, but the pool area is so inviting with the set-up and the fire pit. The rooms are so cool and also exciting. Vibrant colors and there is nothing better then a room with a swank bathroom and a great shower experience. For me that is the icing on the cake. The hotel is within walking distance of everything, restaurants and shops. I must say there isn't a lot to do after you've viewed the biltmore unless you love beer and lots of brewery's but it is a fun place to explore.

Room Tip: The pool view from the room along with the mountain views are a great choice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Buketlist
There are newer reviews for Aloft Asheville Downtown

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a hotel in downtown Asheville, this location is perfect. We walked everywhere we wanted to go and just left our car in the convenient garage attached to the hotel. The rooms were very clean and modern. We had a king room which overlooked the lovely pool. Space was a little tight, but not to the point of any inconvenience. The only reason I gave four stars for cleanliness was the very faint dog smell in the hallways. I realized when I booked, though, that it was a pet friendly hotel. Room and linens were fresh and clean with no odor whatsoever! Front desk service was excellent, bar service was so-so. No big deal, though, we spent most the night out on the town anyway. Overall, would recommend and stay again if in town.

• Stayed: June 2013
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hi samuck27,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us - we're thrilled you enjoyed your Aloft stay! So happy to hear you found our location convenient, rooms clean and service excellent.

We appreciate your recommendation and hope you'll come see us again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just got back from a weekend getaway with a group of friends at the Aloft. We were there to celebrate a friend's birthday and the location and amenities of the hotel were just what we needed.

Hotel is modern and a great place for friends to hang out. We played pool and hung out at the bar, and also hung out on the roof deck at the pool during the day, and had drinks at the fire pit at night. It would be nice if they opened up the roof deck bar, that would make it perfect, but they didn't mind if you brought drinks up from the W xyz bar on the 2nd floor. We also walked to the Wine shop right next door where Michael was very helpful in selecting good beer and wine, which we brought up to the pool deck. On the first floor of the hotel, one entire wall is a chalk board which is a clean slate every morning, which you can decorate when you pass through. We had fun with that. Also check out the floor of the elevator.

Our room met our needs. It was modern, yet small, and housekeeping did not clean our room while we were there. Maybe it was an oversight, but it's definitely a turn-off, especially since it is pricey to stay there. The staff was friendly. The gym met my needs. It's basic, but it has very nice treadmills and equipment.

Hotel is within walking distance of some great restaurants. Our favorites were Curate, Black Bird, and Limones. Overall, definitely a great location if you want to check out the city on foot and a fun place to stay for a group of friends. If we ever had a reason to go back to Asheville, we would stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Katie K,

Thanks for choosing Aloft for your weekend getaway - we're thrilled to hear that you found our amenities including w xyz bar, pool deck and fire pit to be just what you were looking for!

We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us, and are sorry to hear about the housekeeping oversight. We're glad to hear you'll be returning nonetheless on your next trip to Asheville, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The location of Aloft Asheville is fantastic for walking around town and the modern style, design & decor is very attractive & appealing. The staff is quite friendly and helpful and the parking rate of $5 a night is extremely reasonable.

However, for as much as this room costs per night, we expected more...a roomier room, ample towels (there were only 3), better insulated windows to keep out city noises, and clean carpets. This hotel isn't even a year old and the carpet in Room 527 is nasty and in desperate need of cleaning.

Overall, a nice experience, just a bit disappointing after reading all of the other amazing reviews.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have never written a review on TripAdvisor but for the exceptional service I received at the Aloft in Asheville, I figured I would need to start. I am a Gold status Starwood member and have stayed at luxury properties across the world. This was my first time in Asheville and I called to request an upgraded mountain view on a sold out weekend (2 weddings). The person on the phone told me the hotel was sold out (which it was) and they may be able to upgrade me but most likely not. When I arrived I was told I had a suite and when I went into the suite, the staff wrote a nice hand written note that told me to enjoy Asheville and my ‘upgraded’ mountain view room. This is the type of service you see at St. Regis / Mandarin hotels and I was impressed to see it here. The hotel is in a perfect location, the rooms modern and clean, very practical with multiple outside spots to lounge, clean water (refillable) to bring into the rooms, a nice pool and fun lobby bar with DJ. This was the best Aloft I have seen and loved the personal Ashevillian touch on it. Thank you to the aloft team for the kind note. This will not be forgotten.

1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm a big fan of the Aloft concept having stayed at the Chapel Hill property many times. What can I say, a funky hotel in a funky downtown scene. Great location for all that s downtown Asheville and in walking distance to anything dwntn. I just wish I could have taken advantage of the rooftop pool and bar

Room Tip: Ask for poolside view which also has western Mtn views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mts2cWNC

Hi Mts2cWNC,

Thanks for your recent stay - we're so glad to hear you're a fan of Aloft and that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Asheville! We're happy you enjoyed our convenient location and mountain view rooms. And we do hope you'll come back soon and spend the day lounging by our rooftop pool and bar.

Thanks for staying!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is ideally located in the downtown center, within walking distance of restaurants, bars and shops. The rooms were small but modern and functional. The atmosphere is fun and the staff is friendly and helpful. At night the bar was hopping and was a fun scene. They have an outdoor balcony area that overlooks Biltmore Avenue and lots of indoor seating as well. They also have a pool with an outdoor terrace and fireplace with a fantastic view of the mountains. I recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Tips & Other Information

1) Ask for a room on an upper floor to minimize street noise
2) Ask for a mountain view room - the view is fantastic!
3) Parking is $5 per day with unlimited entrances and exits, make sure that you get your ticket stamped at the front desk or you could end up paying more for parking
4) The hotel is pet friendly (most locations in the city are too)! Next time, we will bring one of our dogs.
5) For those who want to help the environment (or be rewarded), the hotel allows guests to opt out of housekeeping service in exchange for food & drink vouchers or extra Starwoods points.

Room Tip: Upper floor with a mountain view
2  Thank Kyotonigel

Dear Kyotonigel,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and these great tips to help optimize the experience for our future guests. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our fun atmosphere, friendly staff and fantastic views.

Come see us again soon!