“Great location in Asheville”

Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Long Island City, New York
“Great location in Asheville”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just spent two midweek nights at Aloft and was pleased with almost everything. Location was great, room clean, bed comfy, bar really nice. Would definitely recommend to friends headed for Asheville. One star taken away for snarky/rude attitude upon check-in. Don't know what her problem was, but I guess everyone has a bad day. Everyone else was very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler2829
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello Traveler2829,
We're glad you enjoyed your recent Aloft stay and appreciate your feedback. Guests do love our convenient downtown Asheville location, w xyz bar, and other great amenities. We're glad you enjoyed them as well. Sorry to hear about your experience at check-in - we will be sure to address this and assure you this will be corrected should you return. We hope to see you back next time you're in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I must say the location of this hotel could hardly be better, right in the heart of everything. Unfortunately that is the only nice thing I have to say. On our first day, an expensive bottle of perfume was taken from my room, seems odd yes, I would never have thought to put it in the safe. I tried to politely approach someone at the front desk and was told they would talk with housekeeping and someone would give me a call within the hour. No one called so I returned to the desk in the evening and tried to ask again. I approached her with, “I spoke to someone this morning about an item missing from my room…” before I could get anything else out her response (in a particularly rude tone) was “something?....is it like a mystery?” I could tell right away she was not going to be of any assistance. I finally got to talk to the interim manager and they offered to cover the cost of the bottle, but none of the staff seemed concerned at all that this had happened nor was there talk of someone else cleaning our room for the rest of our stay, so we were forced to decline housekeeping for the remaining three days.
Besides this, the room was not stocked with coffee (coffee maker and one creamer) when we arrived and the carpet had several large stains…some actual crusty food. The structure and set up of the hotel were nice, but the front end staff and housekeeping were very disappointing. (One exception, those working at the eatery were very pleasant).
I would suggest they start over and re-launch the location with new employees! We will certainly return to Asheville, but not to this hotel.

7 Thank Steph_Lexington
Hi Steph_Lexington,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback. We're very sorry to hear about the issue with your perfume and the reaction from our staff. We understand your concerns and are committed to addressing & improving in the areas we fell short. This kind of feedback is greatly appreciated, as it helps us to pinpoint problems and work to resolve them.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is so hip its unreal. It is such a cool place to stay if you are young free and single as its so much fun. The location couldn't be better right in the heart of the town with a very popular bar on site. If I was 10 years younger with no children this hotel would be my first choice. Unfortunately having gone to bed at my usual sensible time I was awoken on the hour every hour by the return of party goers who really didn't care about how much noise they made. They allow pets which is great unless the dog barks at midnight ( probably couldn't sleep either). The rooms are good with all mod cons and staff on the front desk were friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel for its fab location and good sized clean rooms but if you dont like to party all night bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Not at the front of hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank madamcholet
Hi madamcholet!

Thanks so much for staying with us, and for your review. We're glad you liked Aloft and enjoyed our location, staff & amenities. Sorry to hear that you (and your neighbor's dog :) ) were disturbed by the guests returning from their night out, and hope you were still able to get a good night sleep and enjoy the rest of your stay. Contact us before your next visit and we'll be sure to pre-book you in a room towards the back with less foot-traffic.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel had a great location and no pet fee, but I probably wouldn't spend the money to stay here again. We were street facing, on the 3rd floor, and near the elevators. It seems that every weekend night (when people usually go on trips to visit neat places like Asheville) the hotel has a dance party with loud, bass pumping music until midnight. On Friday night, I waited patiently, and at 11pm, called downstairs. I was told that the music would turn off at midnight, with no apologies. I put in earplugs and still could hear the bass (shaking my pillow). My husband was going to watch basketball in the bar in the hotel on Friday night, but the music was so loud that he couldn't stand it. On Saturday night, we checked and found that a DJ would be playing Latin beats until midnight. On the way back to our room that night (at 10pm) the lobby was so loud that I could hardly speak to the people at the front desk. I asked them about the music and was told that they are 'working on their sound system' so that it will not be as disruptive. I didn't see anyone dancing, nobody seemed to be utilizing the INSANELY loud music, so I'm not sure why they couldn't just put on normal bar music instead. When I asked, I was told that they put people with dogs (we had our dog) on the third floor so that they're near the 'dog area.' I was told that I could ask to be put on a higher floor next time.

If you stay at this hotel during the week (M-Th) I think you'll be fine. If you stay on a Friday or Saturday, you should ask to be on a high floor in one of the corners away from the 'Club.' Otherwise you'll have to do what I did and shove earplugs in your ears with hope of drowning out some of the crazy loud music. In other news, the automatic doors to the parking garage only worked about 30% of the time- the rest of the time we had to jump up and down and hit the door to get it to open. Would not have been a problem if someone had been manning the desk on the first floor, but nobody was there most of the time.

4 Thank Erin S
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Erin S.,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. I’m happy you enjoyed our location and pet-friendly accommodations. I understand your concerns with the music and apologize that the noise levels were disruptive during your stay. We try to find a balance in accommodating guests who wish to enjoy our entertainment as well as those who would like to rest, and regret that we fell short here. We will be modifying our sound system so that the noise levels are more manageable, and are working with the city to correct the problem with the sensor in the parking garage. Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback on where we can improve, and are committed to ensuring these problems are resolved.
pittsburgh, pa
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for two nights recently.

Pros - Nice concept of a contemporary hotel

Cons - 1. Front desk check in was difficult. "Computer was having difficulties" Keys didn't work in the room door. 2. No one cleaned my room during my stay, no do not disturb sign on the door, empty Kleenex box when I first arrived. 3. The bathroom sink backs up when you use it 4. It is generally a noisy hotel even on the upper floors, not good for sleep.

I would not stay here again unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank beachgoer19
Laura M, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. While we are most excited when we hear positive comments about our hotel, we also welcome comments that will help us to improve our service and overall hotel experience for our guests!

I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper so that we can use this as an example with our team. We should never miss cleaning a room for our guests!

I apologize for the technical difficulties during check in. Sometimes computers have a mind of their own, and we find ourselves stuck until they decide to cooperate again. But I can assure you that this is not typical for us.

We do hope you will come back and give us another opportunity to show you what our team here in Asheville is capable of. We always strive to provide a fun, enjoyable experience at our hotel.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just returned from a very fun weekend in Asheville. Stayed at ALOFT, what a great place! Walking distance from a multitude of restaurants, brunch spots, shops, breweries. We arrived on a Friday evening and got settled into our room. The room was immaculate, very modern and so well designed. Room had a coffee pot, small refrigerator, walk in shower, great toiletries. There were small bags of ice in a fridge in the hallway with filtered water available and a nice carafe to put the water in. Free wifi, flat screen tv on the wall, a great workout facility.I never sleep well in a hotel due to the light that normally comes in the windows and under the hall door. The room was arranged so that there was a wall between the door/bath area and the beds, so you are sleeping with your head facing away from the door. The windows had great blackout type shades that you could pull down so the room was totally dark, slept great! Overall, the best part was the location, being able to park on a Friday evening and not drive again until we were ready to leave on Sunday afternoon was great! The outdoor pool area looked fabulous, although not ready yet; so we are planning a trip in May or June. Gorgeous pool with an awesome view of the mountains in the distance

Room Tip: Rooms can overlook the street or the mountains. go for the mountain view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura M, Front Office Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, Karen T! I am glad that you enjoyed our amenities and that you took advantage of our filtered water!

(Those blackout shades are awesome, aren't they!?)

Hope to see you soon!
Granger, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a very different stay than most but a must if you want to experience a great weekend stay! Lots of different and great restaurants, shops, and brew houses close by. Staff is youthful and enthusiastic. Rooms are more euro than traditional and the walls are not totally soundproof but the beds are great. This was a good experience overall and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in Asheville, Mark! We appreciate your feedback, and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our wonderful downtown location!

We look forward to seeing you when you return!