“UNC Asheville Visit”

Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Asheville
“UNC Asheville Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Aloft Hotel was very nice and clean and it was located in a very good location, I didn't have to drive anywhere, I just walked outside and turn either left or right and everything was co located near the hotel. My Son attend UNC Asheville and his school was just around 2 miles way if that far. The Staff was very professional and friendly and this is the hotel I will be staying at every time I come and visit my son during his basketball season. Thank you for a great experience

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Dana C,

Thank you so much Dana C for such a great Shout Out about your recent stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown... We have a great location downtown making our guests stays very full and exciting as there is so much to do within walking distance to all Asheville Downtown has to offer...

We are looking forward to your many return visits for your sons Basketball games and we will cheer him on as well GO UNCA BULLDOGS!!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com if I may be of any assistance with your upcoming reservation needs.

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown

Catherine Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Dayton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you want to ditch your car and stay 3 or 4 days in a great hotel in a hip, fun city then Aloft Asheville is the place for you. The hotel has everything you need and more and the staff was simply superb. You will not be disappointed. Only thing better for us would have been to be there in the summer when the pool area is open. Our dog Rudy voted it his favorite spot ever! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Our corner room was fabulous and spacious.
Hi Ellen I & Rudy Too,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your great feedback about your recent stay with us. We are excited to hear you will be back to stay with us and Rudy too... We hope Rudy enjoyed his plus Arf! bed, dog bowls, and locally baked treat during his stay with us as well.

When you come back to Asheville reserve one of our Cabana Guest rooms so you can enjoy your own private Cabana next to Splash on Air Level, Rudy will enjoy this too because he will be very close to his dog walking area on Air Level. If I may be of any assistance with your future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com.

Happy Day and Safe Travels...

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Aloft in Asheville gives off the perfect vibe to match the city, fun and funky. We brought our dog with us and he was welcomed with a bed, feeding bowls, and treats. No unruly dogs or dog barking noted on our visit, just adorable furry friends. The staff was helpful and friendly and allowed us a late check out. We visited Curate for dinner and the Chocolate Lounge for dessert. Both are fabulous!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Hi gggyspy,

Thank you for your great comments. We love when our guests bring their four legged companions with them so they too can get the royal treatment our Arf package upon arrival. We thank you for your loyalty and truly look forward to your next stay with us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. If I may ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. Have a wonderful week and safe travels.

Live, Life, Aloft....

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is by far the best place to stay in Asheville ! Cannot wait to go again ! We had the room with the a patio opening to the pool which was great ! The bar area with the fireplace was fun to hang out in ! And I Love the Starbucks in the lobby ! I highly recommend this hotel !

• Stayed January 2013
Hi krissy0322,

Thank you for your great comments and taking your time to let the world know about our fun and hip Aloft Asheville Downtown. Our Cabana guest rooms offer a wonderful private space right outside your guest room with beautiful mountain views! Come back soon to see us we too look forward to your next visit. Tell your friends about us!!! If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. Have a great week and very safe travels.

Live, Life, Aloft...

Alexandria Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Asheville knows how to do luxury hotels. But what it didn't have was modern and stylish. That's been cured with the arrival of of the Aloft hotel. There appear to be 2 check-in desks....one on the concrete floor street level. There's a huge blackboard wall, where you can write a comment or (as one guest did) write a nice New Years Eve note to his, wife/partner. But the main lobby and heart of the hotel is on the 2nd floor. There you'll the XYZ bar, the other reception desk, the breakfast/coffee bar (NOT free and included...) and several cozy seating areas. This was the scene of what had to be the best New Years Eve party in town. More about that later.

The rooms (my group had 3 rooms) were all stylish with plenty of room. The bathroom, with a black slate floor and shower stall, was ample for all our needs. There had been comments that there was a noise problem. I found this to be true when the neighbors raised and lowered their shades. It sounded like a truck was rumbling thru. Bust was my only real complaint. The hotel is perfectly located in downtown Asheville, within walking distance of all the attractions and restaurants. The parking, in the attached city garage (direct entrance into the street level lobby) was free with a validation.

This hotel was designed to attract 20 and 30 year olds and they were certainly there. My friends and I are on the er... long side of 30 and we felt right at home. And the Nre Yeats Eve party? Young, old, revelers and party poopers all happily brought in the New Year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Flinney,

Happy New Year, and thank you for your great comments about your stay with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed bringing in the New Year with our other guests, Asheville Locals, as well as the Aloft Asheville Downtown talent. I do sincerely apologize to you for the noise you heard from the blinds in your room and thank you for taking the time to share this with me. If I may be of any assistance to you with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. We wish you safe travels and a great upcoming week.

Lynchburg, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

There aren't that many hotels right in downtown Asheville, so this one right on "the main drag" is a great new addition to the city. Love the location, but was a little dissapointed in our stay. The hotel is very dog friendly, which is a plus, except that there was a dog in the next room who barked for several hours. The staff was sympathetic, but was unable to address the problem. (I assume the guests were out for the evening.) Same thing happened the next morning. Very loud barking. The rooms aren't very soundproof. You can often hear room rooms banging shut. Another reason for just 3 stars: This hotel doesn't have its own parking lot. Guest must use the adjacent public parking lot. That;s okay until the public lot fills up. I asked the staff where we should park when that happens. I was told that I would need to find on-street parking, which would probably be many blocks away.
But, this is a nice, artsy environment with a popular bar, good views & a pleasant staff. Our room was a little small, but had attractive decor and a very comfy bed.

Room Tip: Just be careful if you need to take your car out of the public parking lot on a weekend evening. You...
1 Thank Glennmeister
Dear Glennmeister,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a survey for Trip Advisor and share your experience about your recent stay with us.

We sincerely apologize you experienced issues with one of our four legged guests, we do our very best contacting our guests and try very hard to resolve any issues on the spot should anyone experience this during their stay with us, and again I sincerely apologize to you that we were unable to completely resolve this matter for you during your stay. I also thank you for bringing up the issue you experienced with parking. We are connected directly to the City Parking Garage which has spaces reserved for our guests. I will make sure I speak with the city and inform them you our valued guest had to find other arrangements as the lot was full as this should not have happened.

We would love the opportunity to host you again in Asheville, please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com and as we want to do everything we can to make your next stay with us even more memorable.

We wish you safe travels and a great day!!

Live, Life, Aloft...

Hopkinsville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

After days in Charleston, SC amid the elegance and slow pace we headed to Asheville to visit. It was New Year's Day. We booked at ALOFT based on recommendations of friends in the area who, btw said the grove park inn was not currently worth the $$$. What a shock to the system to walk into a cold atmosphere, chalkboard walls in foyer, many-scribbled notes on the walls, park yourself covered garage for I think $5 per day. Techno music blaring.. A cool hip dude checking us in. I seriously think my sensory systems were about to explode if that was possible. However, our room which was more of a suite was fantastically cool. We had a kitchenette, everything was hi tech and wired with a mid century vibe. And the location was walking distance to so much! I settled into this wonderful setting. We went to the bar area, coffee lounge again very open and inviting. All ages were in the Area. Tis is alsothe concierge area if you will..Had it not been cold and rainy there was a fantastic terrace overlooking the Main Street. Very pleased and understand from some fellow travelers this place is very accommodating to children and pets. Did see dog bowls and water bowls (very clean around). Great access to gym and office set up with printers. Some fun artwork. Bartender was professional, fun and helpful. I wish I could remember her name she is an aspiring artist. Beds comfy, love the charging stations in the rooms. Very pleased. Halls quiet at this time. Great bathrooms! Very environmentally minded establishment. Bliss bath products a plus! If you smoke this is not the place for you. Smoking is prohibited anywhere on the property even outside.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet and they will give you quiet. Doors are very heavy and I know if we were in a standar...
Dear bobkatky,

So glad you continued your trip from Charleston, SC to visit us at the Aloft Asheville Downtown. You have many choices when staying in Asheville and we are thrilled you took the advice from your friends and stayed with us. We offer a fun inviting atmosphere for all of our guests from our Suites to our W xyz Lounge. On your next visit we hope you will be able to sit on the LEDGE overlooking Biltmore Ave in the wonderful sunshine! If I may be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. Spread the word about our fabulous Aloft Asheville Downtown and please come back and see us soon. Have a great week and safe travels! Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown...