“Great location, fun vibe!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aloft Asheville Downtown
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Davidson, North Carolina
“Great location, fun vibe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was our landing spot for a fun weekend with friends in January. Aloft had a fun, energetic vibe and was the happening spot to be in downtown Asheville.

Loved our King Room which opened to the pool deck, beautiful views of the mountains in the distance and a gorgeous sunset view. We plan on returning in the warmer months when the pool can be used. I would recommend heating the pool and the addition of a jacuzzis to make the deck more usefull all year round.

The WXYZ bar makes some great cocktails and was a cool place to hang out for before dinner cocktails / nightcaps.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear kasidak,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and do look forward to your return in the warmer months so you and your guests can enjoy Splash. I also appreciate your ideas and will make sure I pass this information along as well. If I may ever be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. We wish you a great week and very Safe and Memorable Travels...

Catherine Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Hotel had recently opened and they seemed as if they were still training their staff. Check in was at 3pm but we weren't able to get in until 4pm due to the disorganized management. Other than that the stay was fine. Rooms were clean but VERY small, barely fit a king size bed. To be honest, not worth the money. Was not impressed with our stay. Went back again and rented an apartment for the weekend. Much more cozy and got a better Asheville experience.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Amgtraveler88,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to complete your review on Trip Advisor as your feedback is very valuable to us, without it we cannot improve in the areas you have informed us about!

Our ultimate goal is to provide the best service and accomodations for all of our guests. We sincerely apologize to you that your guest room was not ready upon arrival and I will make sure we continue to improve in this area. Our re:fresh talent always has our guests experience as their number one focus.

Please feel free to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com as we would love the opportunity to host you again when in Asheville.

Thank you again for your valuable time and have safe travels...

Live, Life, Aloft Asheville Downtown

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were going to Biltmore for the Christmas lights,but wanted to stay in the downtown area to be near the restaurants and pubs.We chose this hotel based on its location and ease of parking.
When we found the check in desk(1 floor up from parking entrance) we were impressed with the attentiveness of the staff. We asked to see a room and were taken to one of the Cabana rooms by the pool. It was a beautiful room with great access to the pool area,but we wanted a mountain or city view,so back to the desk we went. They assigned us a room with a great view of the city and we were extremely happy with the room itself. The bed was very comfortable and the room was well appointed with a large flat screen TV,plenty of outlets to stay connected and an overall modern style that we really liked..The bathroom had a great shower and everything was incredibly clean.
From beginning to end,the hotel staff was friendly,helpful with directions and suggestions on restaurants and things to do. Catherine,the hotel manager really takes her guests experiences seriously and it shows. It was a great hotel and we will be going back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stonecreekcabins
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear stonecreekcabins,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at our Aloft Asheville Downtown with all of the travelers around the world on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations for all of our guests visiting Asheville. We do hope you will come back soon and we truly look forward to hosting you again in Asheville. Please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com or 1.828.232.2838, if I may be of any assistance to you and your guests. Have a fabulous day and again thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were given a 3rd floor room which is really the first floor of guest rooms because the main lobby is on the 2nd floor. The hotel hosts music, either live or DJ, at night, probably mostly on the weekends, in the lobby which also doubles as a bar. I was only there one night so i'm not sure how often. Our room was above the lobby/bar, not directly, but one floor above and the DJ music was audible in our room. We came back after dinner about 11:30pm, called downstairs and were told that the music would stop at midnight. so we waited and at 12:15am called again because the music hadn't stopped. Then we were told by another guy that the music would stop at 1am. so we asked for another room. The guy came up with new room keys and we moved to the 5th (top) floor. The funny part is that the guys answering the phone are in the lobby and can't understand you when you call to complain because the music is so loud. Don't stay on the 3rd floor. just go ahead and ask for a room on the 5th floor away from the music. everything else was fine. The staff is sometimes a little too cool for school though.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th (top) floor away from loud music in the lobby.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear baileymbh,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Thank you very much for taking your time to complete your review on Trip Advisor and letting us know about the experience you had at our Aloft Asheville Downtown. We want you to know that we strive to beat the overall expectations of our valued guests from the moment of your arrival and after your stay with us as we value your business. We do sincerely apologize you experienced issues with noise, and will work diligently to remedy this for all of our future valued guests. We provide live music in our W xyz Lounge for our guests on Thursday's, Friday's and Saturday's. I am glad we were able to provide you with a resolution during your stay with us by relocating you to our fifth floor. I will also share your valuable feedback with our talent so we can all learn more from your experience and provide the best service for all of our guests. We do hope you will return soon and look forward to providing you with exceptional stays. If I may be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com or 1.828.232.2838. We wish you safe travels and again thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us. Have a wonderful week.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed here with our pup and were so pleased! The hotel is brand new so everything is fresh. They even brought up a dog bed and bowls for our furry family member. The lounge had good live music and great mixed drinks. Every staff member we encountered friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MosephGoseph
Dear MosephGoseph,

Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We love to have the opportunity to hear from our valued guests about their experience at our Aloft Asheville Downtown. Our number one goal is to provide a very memorable exceptional experience for all of our guests, even our four legged guests. As part of our hotel experience for our guests traveling with their four legged family members we have our ARF package with includes a Dog Bed, Dog Bowls, and even a special treat from our local dog Bakery, we even have a private Dog Walk located on our 3rd Floor Air Level. We do hope you will come back and visit us soon in Asheville. If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. We wish you very safe travels, many great vacation memories, and thank you for your review.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Aloft for a one-week business trip for a large group of us. It was a great hotel for that and it's located in a great spot too. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because they were a bit stingy with their toiletries.

We spent most of our days working but we did spend some time at the nice hotel bar which had a pool table and some of our group enjoyed the restaurant in the hotel too.

The location was unbeatable and we walked to everything. Many restaurants in the area.

My only problem (and it's a very small one) was I had to actually write a note to housekeeping to leave me some lotion in my room. The lotion bottles are small so it was only good for one use. Once I had to get one from the front desk and then I wrote a note. Again, I realize this is a small inconvenience but when I only travel with carry-on luggage I use the hotel lotion and was surprised it was not replenished daily.

Otherwise it was a very pleasant stay and the staff was very friendly. Also the work out room was great!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear BBC5,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to give us your very valued feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy our W xyz Lounge and our pool table with your colleagues as a place to unwind after a busy day at work. I also want to thank you for your feedback in regards to our hotel amenities, this feedback is very valuable to us as we strive to provide an exceptional experience not only from service but our amenities as well. I will make sure I share your comments with our executive staff so we can improve in this area for all of our future travelers and you our valued guest. If I may be of any assistance with future reservations please email me contact me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, we wish you safe travels, great vacation memories, and exceeded expectations.

Treasure Island, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

As with anything, it's the details that make a hotel enjoyable. Certainly, the rooms are good, there's a hip vibe, and the location is nice. But, it's annoying to stand around for 20 minutes waiting for someone to arrive to serve breakfast in the morning, not to have a receipt slid under your door, or to have hotel staff seem generally too cool to show urgency. It's also annoying to pay $4.00 for espresso, not have coffee in the lobby, or to remind the staff of requests that were made.

Aloft has some nice touches: spacious rooms with abundant power outlets, decent WiFi, decent workout facilities, and a nice "feel". It's a well designed place. Get the service up to par and it will be even better.

Room Tip: Rooms in the X03 end of the hallway (at least mine was) are louder due to the proximity of the infra...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear AppliedAquinas,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the Aloft Asheville Downtown. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us and value your feedback. We strive to provide exceptional service and will make sure that we work diligently with our talent to ensure that we improve with the timely and quality service in re:fuel we want our valued guests to experience. Providing our guests with memorable experiences comes from exceptional service, our Downtown location in Asheville, and our hip vibe. Again AppliedAquinas we value you as our guest and thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to email me directly at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com if I may be of assistance with upcoming reservations, and to make your future stays with us even more memorable. We wish you safe travels with memorable vacations.