Aloft Asheville Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$224
  • Restaurant
$88
Country Inn
$172
$157
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$93
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$89
$118
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$93
$309
$278
Official Site
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Renaissance Hotels
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$277
$219
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
1,037 results
All reviewswxyz barpool deckgreat locationorange peelreverse osmosisdog walkbagged iceattached garageparking garagefunky hoteldog runcity bakeryhotel is dog friendlywicked weedcity viewfire pitwithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Very clean and modern. Convenient to everything downtown. We walked everywhere and nothing was more than 5 blocks away. Also less than a 10 min drive to the Biltmore. Parking was very convenient too. We requested a mountain view room and being on the 3rd floor barely qualifies as that. I would stay on the 4th, 5th or 6th floor in the future. Lots of good restaurants close by as well.

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Hip, trendy, urban style hotel with the slight quirky Asheville feel. The WXYZ bar has to be one of the more busy hotspots. The pool area is outstanding and the fire pit is constantly occupied. The ledge outside the bar is full of locals and guests all night. The rooms are comfortable and have the latest technology. Location is in the middle of the downtown within walking distance to most restaurants, shops and places of interest.

• Stayed: October 2012
CatherineHarris, General Manager at Aloft Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear bluelu1951,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on Trip Advisor. We love when our guests get to experience Asheville in our aloft Asheville Downtown location. We brought a lot of Asheville into our fabulous W xyz Lounge as well as our guest rooms from local artwork to local retailers.

We enjoy having our hotel guests mingle with the Asheville locals on the LEDGE... This is what we strive for to bring everyone together in our W xyz Lounge, the LEDGE, or on Air Level around the fabulous fire pit.

I do hope you come back to see us soon and again thank you so much for your fabulous review.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We pre-paid for 2 rooms for 2 couples for 3 nights (40th birthday celebrations) at the Aloft Asheville the weekend of October 18th - 21st, 2012. We prepaid for 2 city-view rooms with king-sized beds.

The hotel is very well situated in downtown Asheville and within convenient walking distance of the downtown restaurants, entertainment, museums and various clubs. We have previously stayed in Aloft hotels and like the modern decor, room layout, and conveniences offered.

We've always enjoyed staying in Aloft hotels; however, hit a bit of a snag with this one. Like I previously mentioned, we had pre-paid for these two rooms over a month in advance to ensure we received the rooms we wanted - city views with king sized beds. I contacted the hotel at 4pm the day were to arrive, since we wouldn't be arriving until after 9pm, to confirm our reservations. We were assured our rooms were available and would be waiting for us. The first couple arrived and received the room reserved - a city view room with a king sized bed. Unfortunately, 20 minutes later when we arrived, our pre-paid room was not available and we were forced to settle for a room with double beds and not a city view. We were given 2 free drinks at the bar as an apology for the inconvenience. A room with double beds for a romantic 40th birthday weekend getaway . . . how romantic. To the hotel's credit, they did offer us to "hang around" the following morning and see if a city view, king sized room "becomes available". We had plans for that weekend and quickly decided not to waste our time "hanging around" to wait and see. Once I get to hotel I want to get to my room, get settled, and then go exploring - we don't go to hotels anticipating changing rooms.

The reason for my rating is simple - I did not receive the room that was 1) pre-paid and 2) confirmed the day of arrival. In addition, the hotel seems to run out of hot water around the 8am timeframe as lukewarm showers are all that can be found; however, at other times during the day hot water is readily available. If the room was wrong, the view was wrong, the confirmation was wrong, if the 2 free drinks was the wrong apology, and the lack of hot water was wrong . . . how can the rating be anything other than 'terrible'?

We have tried to receive an adjustment from the Aloft to credit us the difference from the price we paid vs. the room we received but were denied any credit. Yes, the Aloft has lost 2 couples who will not be visiting Aloft hotels in the future and Asheville has an Aloft hotel management staff that does not value their patrons.

Although our experience at the Aloft was far below our expectations we still managed to celebrate two 40th birthdays for two wonderful people . . . just nowhere near the hotel.

10  Thank CoupleVAGuys

Dear CoupleNCGuys,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the aloft Asheville Downtown. First of all thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us as I know how time consuming this can be.

After complete reveiw of your comments I want to apologize that we did not meet nor exceed your expectations as our guest as this is very important to us. We value you as our guest and greatly appreciate your choice to stay with us while in Asheville, NC to celebrate a fabulous 40th Birthday.

Due to unforeseen maintenance issues we experienced with our City View King rooms during your stay we wanted to upgrade you to one of our Mountain View Guest Rooms to better serve you; however I do understand your disappointment as the view was an upgrade but your bed type preference changed. Having your feedback in regards to this helps us train our talent giving all of us a better understanding from our guests view, and not only ours. What we thought was a perfect resolution did not feel the same to you as our guest, and we apologize for this. We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us where everything is in perfect working condition and when we have unforeseen issues we want to make sure we provide the best resolution for you our guest.

I have also spoke with our Chief Engineer in regards to your comments about the hot water, as we do not want our current and future guests to have this same experience.

We as a team at the aloft Asheville Downtown do value you as our guest and hope to have the opportunity to host you again in Asheville and make things right. If you are ever traveling back to Asheville please call me directly at 828.407.4300 or email me at catherine.harris@aloftashevilledowntown.com and I will personally make your reservation for you. I want your next visit to be what you expect and then some.

Again I do thank you for your comments and the time you took out of your day to share them. I am glad to hear overall you were able to celebrate your two 40th Birthdays for two wonderful people in Asheville.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I was very pleased with how clean the entire hotel and rooms were. the XYZ bar was great and had great outside seating on the The balcony. Starbucks coffee and snacks were conveniently on the second floor, but I wished they had a restaurant in the hotel, would of made the stay a little easier. The location of the hotel is surrounded by blocks and blocks of restaurants, really good restaurants too. Right across the street is a bakery that serves breakfast and lunch. About 12 minutes from the Biltmore Estate.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012

A perfect example of form over function. We spent one night here while catching a show at The Orange Peel. I liked the retro-futuristic / modern design, but was quickly dismayed by the room. At this price I was expecting a luxury quality room.

Pros:
Close to The Orange Peel. It was almost worth it to be able to walk one block after the show.
Brand new - there hasn't been enough time for dirt to collect and mold to grow.
Nice design. Clean modern lines, lots of windows.
Comfortable bed.

Cons:
Construction noise. This hotel is not complete and they are still doing construction.The pool area was occupied with construction workers finishing the poolside rooms.We were woken at 8a by drilling outside in the floor below.
Poor construction. The walls are paper thin. When the neighboring rooms opened/closed their shades it sounded like there were animals in the walls. You can hear water running in the hallways.
Very small rooms.
The outside swimming pool was not heated and had a light film of debris. No one went in the pool while we were there. No hot tub. From the picture, it looks like the pool is on the roof. It is really on the 3rd floor.
The bathroom sink had no control to allow water to drain. You have to stick your hand in the sink and hold the stopper till all the water has run out. REALLY?
The bathroom door did not close completely and the door latch was not installed.
The TV was hung on the wall, but not leveled. It took 30 seconds to boot and then was very poor quality video. Not sure if it was the TV or the signal.
There was no info about the hotel or the surrounding area in the hotel rooms. When are the pool hours? Where is gym?

3  Thank Ruth I

Dear Ruth I,

My name is Catherine Harris and I am the General Manager for the aloft Asheville Downtown. Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback on Trip Advisor we value your opinion and want every opportunity to hear from our guests and use the feedback as training tools for all of us.

It is our number one goal to provide the best service and accommodations in the Asheville area and because your expectations were not exceeded or met I do apologize to you. I have reviewed your comments and I want to apologize to you for the construction noise. We opened the hotel in August and have noticed a few items that we want corrected by our contractors to better our guest expectations; however I do not want to hurt the experience of our current guests such as yourself. I have taken your comments and spoke directly to our team in regards to days and times this type of work will be allowed.

I have also made sure to speak with our Maintenance team to inspect the televsion as we do not want another guest to experience poor and I sincerely apologize you experienced an issue with the quality of reception.

I have also spoke with our Guest Services Manager to better train our Guest Service talent to inform our arriving guests about where re:charge is located as well as the location and hours of Splash in Air Level.

Again, Ruth I I thank you for your comments and hope to have the opportunity in the future to host you in Asheville again. If I may ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me or email me directly and I will be happy to assist. Have a wonderful weekend and safe travels.