“Lovely Spot”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 830 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in Historic Biltmore Village. Start your evening the Ruth"s Chris way – over a mouth-watering filet. Sit back and enjoy the most tender and delicious steak you've ever tasted. Or, if you're in the mood for something a little different, our extensive a la carte menu features extra-thick cut Steak, live Maine Lobster, fresh seafood, a variety of vegetable dishes, and eight potato selections. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth's Chris genuine hospitality. So whether you're a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining may be arranged.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is always dependable and good atmosphere and excellent service. do try the crab cakes. They are Maryland style and I don't think we have had better.
Typical Ruth Chris prices.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We did the New Year's Eve thing at Ruth's Chris in Biltmore.

Ruth's Chris had a $65 fixed price deal for New Year's -- choice of salad or gumbo, entree of either a full-size filet or a 12 oz. NY strip with 8 oz. lobster tail or lump crab, choice of a few sides, big dessert and a half glass of champagne -- which my wife and I chose, while our daughter just had a salad and a filet.

This is a pretty good deal for a premium steakhouse. More and more I'm seeing Ruth's Chris move to a non a la carte pricing approach, with Prime Time (early bird) full meal deals, bistro/bar specials and various complete meal options even at regular dinner times. Founder Ruth Fertel, who believed 110% in only a la carte, would probably turn over in her grave.

Although well-prepared, the 12 oz. NY strip is a bit too thin compared to the regular full-throttle strip, but the lobster tail was a nice touch, and a bargain compared with the standard add-on price.

We had a primo table next to the fireplace and overall a very nice experience. Our waiter and all the staff at Ruth's Chris were first-rate. Of course it was a busy night, but the staff and kitchen handled it well, with only a couple of minor slips (the creamed spinach was barely warm, and the bar didn't have the special cherries for the East End Manhattan).

Still, with a total of three drinks, a couple of glasses of low-end wine, an espresso, tax, tips and valet, the evening came to $310 for the three of us. Unless you're a tee-totaler or on a strict diet, you're just not going to get out of Ruth's Chris for less than 100 bucks a person, except with the bar/bistro menu.

We had our holiday drinks and dinner and got home safely before 10. I'm having a glass of Caol Ila 12 year-old, the smokiest single malt Scotch you'll ever taste, and then off to bed before 2014 arrives.

1  Thank LanSluderBelize
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was our 1st visit to Ruth's "over-the-top" steak house. The restaurant was packed and the decor was festive for the Holiday Season. We had previously checked out the menu online and knew the selections were pricey. We were celebrating an anniversary and decided to go for it! Steve was our server, and we knew we were in good hands as his entourage were very attentive and we never lacks for anything. Early on we were a bit disappointed in the quality of bread served prior to the meal. Nothing special, tasted like a French-type loaf that came from a local grocery store. We ordered a ribeye, filet, 2 salads, shared a baked potato and drank "filtered water." We ordered our steaks cooked medium and they were served on a sizzling HOT platter of "500 degrees," according to our server. The steaks continued to cook and became more of a medium well temp as we were eating. (Be Careful, and do not touch the plates...they will burn your fingers). After the main course, we shared a bread pudding and sipped coffee. Our total with tip came to $150.00. While the food was good overall, this level of dining will probably be a once-a-year experience for us.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Outstanding food and service as it is at all of the Ruth's Chris steakhouses throughout. Great steaks, great service, great selection of wine and spirits.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was my first experience at Ruth's Chris and I have to say that I was very impressed. Yes it was quite pricey but so very worth it. Heck even the Cesar salad was amazing!! My server was so nice and on point. Overall a very lovely experience. We will be back. The only suggestion that I would make would be to not greet the guests " (Last Name) party. This to me was so robotic and not very personal. I introduced myself to our server and asked him to call me by name to complete my wonderful experience.