“Top Five steak ever”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in Historic Biltmore Village. Start your evening the Ruth"s Chris way – over a mouth-watering filet. Sit back and enjoy the most tender and delicious steak you've ever tasted. Or, if you're in the mood for something a little different, our extensive a la carte menu features extra-thick cut Steak, live Maine Lobster, fresh seafood, a variety of vegetable dishes, and eight potato selections. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth's Chris genuine hospitality. So whether you're a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining may be arranged.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I did not have a reservation so I stopped in here and sat at the bar. Started with a pint of the local craft beer, which I really enjoy. The bartender suggested a few entrees and sides and after our discussion, I went with the harvest salad,NY strip, and lyonnaise potaotoes. The steak was so falvorful and was cooked perfectly, did not need anything on the side or sauce. The salad was also great as it had several nice flavors,and the potatoes were different. They were deep fried with sauteed onions. The service was great and food was excellent, I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I knew it was expensive, but I'll admit, it was much more than I expected. I've had better and for a better price. I don't mind paying for a great steak, but this was just a so so steak. I will say our waiter and was great. Hostess looked bored though. Next time I'll wait and go to The Alamo in Pigeon Forge.

1  Thank volsgal76
thesavvyeater4, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing about your experience. I am very glad that you enjoyed the service that evening, but I apologize that the steak was not perfect. I would be happy to make this up to you personally, if you could please contact me at the restaurant (828) 398-6200. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We love steak and we love Ruths Chris and eat at them on special occasions or when traveling. This Ruths is by far better than any others we have eaten at and also better than any other comparable restaurants. The wait staff is superb, Steve, Steve W and Adam will all make your dining experience an evening you will not soon forget. We have had the manager (Gabe) come to our table everytime we have dined there and when he ask if everything is ok he genuinely cares and should you have a problem or concern he will do whatever it takes to make it right.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in Biltmore Village and looking to kill a little time before our 4pm entrance tickets to get into the Biltmore. Because our intention was enter the Biltmore after 4pm on a Saturday, therefore taking advantage of the generous opportunity to visit the Biltmore again for no additional charge on Sunday, we had about 45 minutes to relax and enjoy the downtown area.

We went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse at 3:15pm on a Saturday to sit at the bar and have a martini. It was not open. We were turned away, with no disregard to our intention. All we wanted was the bar, no food - and at 3:15pm on a Saturday, this did not seem like such a big request.

Too bad. We had money in hand and the intention to spend it, but apparently this steakhouse does not care about weekend tourists.

thesavvyeater4, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us. I apologize that you were not pleased with our hours of operation. The next time you are in the area, please stop in any time and I will personally make you a cocktail of your choice on the house!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

For my 30th birthday, my fiance' surprised me with a trip to Asheville and dinner at Ruth's Chris. The staff went out of their way to my birthday special. Everyone called us by name and wished me happy birthday. The food was amazing and the birthday desserts were even better!