“Great Dogs!”

Celebrity's Hotdogs
Ranked #415 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Description: Here is the link to the restaurant on Urban Spoon. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/82/802127/restaurant/Celebritys-Hotdogs-Asheville
Reviewed June 10, 2013

These are the best hot dogs and the slaw! Yummy! Best deal in town. Great specials too. Nice clean place!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Although I am not Catholic, have verified with the new pope, Pope Francis, that this indeed qualifies as "Hot Dog Heaven".
This great little place is not a chain...it's family owned by the somewhat famous stock car clan, the Pressleys.
The business even has what is referred to as "cruise ins" where antique cars and motorcycles are displayed periodically and that is a cool thing. Memorabilia from the early stock car days are displayed in this small and quaint little place.
OH YES>>>>>THE HOT DOGS!!
I might be considered a hot dog expert by my friends and I am here to say this place has the best hot dogs since my childhood (when you got only a half-weenie).
In my world a hotdog automatically (and should) come with chili but in today's world you might have to ask for it. Celebrity's presents you with a simple classic hot dog and I assume if you want to mess it up, they will comply if you request add-ons to the doggie.
I have been a customer since opening day (which believe has been around 6-8 years) and I beg of you....if you really want an old fashioned hot dog..don't miss this place. I think it cool also that they don't even serve hamburgers. Now they do have several other menu items and of course french-fries and stuff like that.
They are located just a couple of miles south on Brevard Road Hwy 191 from Interstate 26 heading toward Brevard and in the Bent Creek community. All kinds of tourist site are near by and you just might not see the interstate for several days and forget about all that city stuff and bumper to bumper traffic.
My guarantee is that if you order a number of hot dogs and fail to like them.....BRING THEM TO ME AND I'LL FINISH EATING THEM.....extra onions, please.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had passed this place many times but first visited it last December. Since then, we have had to visit it at least once a week. I like their chili dog with sour kraut and my wife loves their slaw dog. Fries are great: old fashioned thick square cut potatoes like restaurants used to serve before going to shoestrings. Soups are limited to chili and potato but good. BBQ was good but, as my gourmet cook wife put it "Anybody can cook the meat -- it just takes time -- but it is the fixings that makes a good BBQ plate." Sadly, these are lacking.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I think it was like a cheap hotdog. The onion rings were good and the french fries were good. The service was fairly fast. But I wanted a GOOD hotdog.

1  Thank 92ncca
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I thought I knew all the trendy type hotdogs but these guys have prepared some regional favorites that are very tasty. You will like the choices. It isn't as cheap as a fast food hot dog though so pull out your fiver.