“Used to be Good”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
North Carolina
“Used to be Good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We used to eat here on a semi-regular basis during the work week for lunch. Pretty good subs but lately they have just gone down hill on service. For a lunch meeting a few weeks ago we ordred and one person found a hair in their food. When we called to complain they said just bring it back. Told them we had a meeting. Went over later in the afternoon and they were closed. Decided to give them another chance and ordered lunch for delivery this time, we are within a few blocks. After 45 minutes I called and they told me that they had it sitting in the window for pick up. We got our food almost an hour after we ordered. The food itself was still ok, otherwise it would be 1 star rating. I will probably give them another chance in the future, but for now I no longer recommend this eatery. If you go, I recommend eating there as I have only had problems with togo and delivery. They have a few self serve tables inside and outside.

• Visited September 2012

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cuban and Southwest Wrap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Good quick lunch stop. The Cuban and Southwest Wrap are favorites.

Visited June 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lunch favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I love the cuban sandwich and the southwest wrap.
Dogs are allowed in the outside seating.

Visited May 2012
North Carolina
“Small but Qualify”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Just a humble sandwich shop with the largest selection of soups, sandwiches and salads you'd ever want. Very reasonably priced. I highly recommend it

Visited April 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“First time visit, not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I was in the mood for a good, hot Italian sub and had not tried Two Guys Hoagies on Charlotte Steet in Asheville. We arrived about 11:30 for lunch.. By the time we left, there were about 7 people having lunch and a few folks stopped in for to go orders. At first glance at the menu, I thought the price was a little high for subs. I ordered the small size Italian sub, heated, chips and a drink ($9.50) without tip. Our other order was the reuben, chips and drink at about the same price. It didn't take that long for our food and my sub was nice and hot. It was just missing something... very skimpy on the meat and I would say it was just ok, nothing to write home about or make me want to go again any time soon. Now the reuben was just not good at all. It was just too greasy for my taste and just not very flavorful and not much meat at all. Definately would not recommend that sandwich to anyone. The place seems to be an old gas station but certainly could use some attention to the decor. Wasn't expenting anything fancy and was not looking for an upsacle sub shop but my impression is they could spend a little more time cleaning or just spruceing up the place. We sat near the window and the window area could certainly use a dusting. I thnk if I'm in the mood for a sub, I would try another place. Again, this was my first visit to Two Guys. Hope your experience is better... if you go.

• Visited February 2012