“Great Latin Meal and Price”

Bandidos Latin Kitchen
Ranked #202 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Latin Meal and Price”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

What a wonderful surprise... lots of good food and options at the Latin Kitchen. Had cold local draft beer, excellent pork burrito and wonderful house made chip and salsa. A great meal at a great price. We will certainly visit again very soon.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MHouch

Spruce Pine, North Carolina
“Terrific meal!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We were not surprised that this seems to be a local favorite, despite its modest location and size. The food was so flavorful, with many menu choices. The mojitos were fresh and perfectly foamed ( just a tad ), the burritos (Mojo pork and children's chicken (huge!)) were too much to finish, and the house made chips and salsa the best! My Coastal Burrito had perfectly grilled shrimp. Our new favorite Latin restaurant!

1 Thank THouchard
ATL, GA
“Fabulous food, friendly service!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We dined here this past weekend. I had purchased a Groupon for four entrees, with everyone ordering something different. All of the entrees we ordered were fabulous! Our table had the Cuban sandwich, duck confit quesadilla, Coastal quesadilla and a simple burrito and absolutely none of the items disappointed. We also tried the fried plantains which were some of the best I have ever had. While we did use the Groupon, I would have happily paid full price; the food was worth every penny.
The restaurant is small, tucked back in a small strip mall but not difficult to find. Our waitress was friendly and helpful and anticipated our needs. The restaurant offers a good selection of local brews, as well as bottled Coca Cola with real sugar...no corn syrup or artificial sweeteners here (i.e. no Diet Coke).
When visiting the area, we will definitely return to Bandidos in the future!

Mill Valley, California
“Great little place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a humble place... Don't let it fool you! The food is quite good. We had a burrito and quesadilla and garlic fried yucca. Was all great. Groupon made it even better. Would go again.

1 Thank cindynor41
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Groupon have a deal so we tried it. It's ok”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Ate here for lunch yesterday - didn't really know what we were in for but had purchased a Groupon coupon for two entrees and chips and salsa. It's a hole in the wall type place in a grotty area. We were the third group in there so seating wasn't a problem. The waittress was very friendly and helpful. The chips and salsa were very unusual and I didn't really like them. The chips were more like some kind of toasted pita bread but you could taste the oil still on them from the toasting and the salsa was ok but to me the two flavors didn't really go together very well. Just my personal opinion. I ordered the Chipotle Steak Tacos with a side of roasted corn and beans. The tacos were soft tacos and the presentation was very nice. Each taco had two small wraps and about four small chunks of steak in each- there were two tacos. The side was in a small bowl and tasted ok. I took a bite and my whole mouth experienced a fire unlike any I've tasted before. I spent the next ten minutes with my tongue in my glass of water desperately trying to soothe it. It was agony. This spoiled the whole thing for me as I'm a 'mild' kind of person with my food and hate anything hot. The waittress apologised and explained that chipotle is always very hot. I didn't know that, I thought it was just a flavor - may be good if they have an option of mild, medium or hot with that dish so others dont follow in my nightmare with that. My husband braved one of them and I picked out the meat from the other one. My husband had a shrimp quesadilla and loved it and said it was spicy too. We shared a Caramelized Plantain icecream at the end to put out the fires in our mouths and it sure worked! Was actually really yummy icecream - the name of it wasn't appetizing to me at all but it has a cinnamon type flavor. Recommend you try it the icecream. I left hungry and for me, I wouldn't go back as firstly a lot of the menu is fish/shellfish based so that eliminated all but a few things for me - the things that weren't shellfish didn't really appeal to me, secondly maybe I'm just not a fan of that style of food as I didnt really like the chips or the side either much and lastly I felt it was overpriced for what you get. My husband likes it and would go back.