“Fantastic Super 8! More like Super 12!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites near Outlet Mall - Asheville
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I know there have been a few bad reviews, but perhaps the motel has been updated by then. I wasn't sure what to expect, but most other hotels were too pricey. My sister booked the Super 8 for me as I was on the road traveling to it. When I arrived, I thought...ok...great...let's see how good this will be. The girl at the front desk was nice. Nothing special, but check in was quick. When I got to my room I was really impressed. New furniture, large flat screen tv!, fridge and microwave, and a very comfortable bed!! I slept in that bed a lot as I didn't really go out at night! The guy at the front desk at night is also really nice. There was a cigarette icky smell in the elevator, but not in my room. The air conditioner worked well and it wasn't noisy at all. Except when the maids started cleaning around 8 or so in the morning. The hotel is just a bit from downtown. If you have a car, it's a great hotel to stay at. I don't know how transportation would work without a car. I would definitely stay here again! It wasn't amazing, but so far it's the best place I've stayed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed July 16, 2008

Great Value and excellent cleanliness. The staff was all very friendly and accommodating especially Mary at the front desk. No complaints and would definitely stay again. The only down-side is that breakfast is coffee and Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. Dont get me wrong they were both very good but adding some cold cereal, fruit, or bagels would be nice. We will definitely stay again when in the area. Also, very convenient to all attractions being right at 26 & 40.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2008

My boyfriend and I randomly found ourselves in Asheville, NC, on a Saturday night after our attempt at camping in the rain didn't work out. After checking online, this was the cheapest hotel in the area that we could find and just decided to go for it. We were expecting a standard one-star hotel but were, as my title says, pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the awesome plasma tv was unexpected, and it's proximity to the mall/movie theater was was wonderful. I'd definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Limped into town in a troubled vehicle. Took the first hotel we could find that took pets, since we have a dog. The lobby stank of mold and cigars. We were told to park in back and enter through the back door and to never bring the dog in through the lobby. I guess the thought of a laborador retriever in the lobby was terrifying. In the parking lot behind the hotel was a twenty-ish girl sleeping in a beat-up pickup truck in the hot sun. Two young men, her "associates", were trickin' their new ride in the shade. The girl appeared to be drugged up and was completely unresponsive. We notified the front desk. The young lady working there had not noticed their presence, in spite of their being in full view of the security cameras. She went out back and told them to leave.

The hallway in the hotel smelled of urine. Our room had condoms in the nightstand. We wondered if they were complimentary, but the front desk denied this, saying that someone had probably left them there. We wondered what else might have been left behind. The bedding was dirty and rumpled, and the no-smoking room smelled like an ashtray. We got a room change to one with an air conditioner that didn't work. We decided that this hotel was not good enough for our dog, so we left.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhalconEddie
Reviewed March 26, 2008

This hotel is in the Biltmore Square area. We stayed overnight to meet up with friends and do some sightseeing. Our room was newly renovated with 2 queen size Simmons Beautyrest beds, new furniture and even a 37" LCD flat panel TV! Although we didn't use them, the microwave and fridge were a nice touch. The bathroom had been re-done. The room was clean with no odors. This would be a nice room to spend a few days in the Asheville area.

Drawbacks: The armoire that served as a closet was rather small for more than a couple of days clothes for 3 or 4 people.
The lobby was extremely small with no sitting room. The free breakfast was glazed donuts, coffee and hot chocolate. It was good enough for our bargain rate. But you either take it back to your room or eat it on the go.

OVERALL the staff was friendly, the room clean and we would definitely choose this hotel again! (See our reviews of the Stone Ridge Tavern and Moose Cafe under restaurants.)

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed May 19, 2007

If you like smelly hotels with pubic hairs on the toilet and bed bugs, you have chosen the right place! I checked in at 10 pm and by 8 am I was delighted to be leaving. This place sucks!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank mtled
Reviewed August 6, 2006

I was very happy here. I stayed for 2 nights and didn't have any problems at all. Everything worked as I expected, it was clean and quiet and nothing went wrong. Keep in mind that Friday and Saturday nights the rate doubles here, so plan your trip accordingly. The hotel is close to many restaurants and just down the street from a big mall. It's right at a freeway interchange, but I didn't hear any noise from the freeway. They have free doughnuts and coffee in the small lobby until 10 a.m., and small food items for sale. There was a small fridge and microwave in the room, cable TV, coin-operated washer and dryer.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo