“Good clean hotel. I would stay again”

Rodeway Inn & Suites near Outlet Mall - Asheville
Ranked #56 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for a night with my boyfriend and I loved the place. It was very clean and equipped with flat screen TV and other amenties. I liked the lay out of the room and the sofa. They did not have proper breakfast, just donuts and coffee - No half and half or milk was available, just powdered creamer. I would've given them 5 stars if they have had proper breakfast! Overall clean, good hotel close to a number of fast food places and hotels.

Room Tip: I found the king size bedroom in 3rd floor to be excellent
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites near Outlet Mall - Asheville

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a very nice Rodeway Inn, but it is a Rodeway Inn. No Pool, few amenities, but it has what you need and this one does it right. The place was mostly full of mechanical trade workers. We were tourists here to see the Biltmore, but the place fit our needs fine. This place had the most comfortable bed on our entire trip. They did have sodas and snacks available, but not in vending machines, you just took them out of the fridge near the front desk and paid the clerk.

Pros
Booked a suite, didn't cost much more, big room.
Soft Pillow-top mattress
Wall mounted flat screen TV. You can see it great lying in bed. Such an easy thing to do, mount the TV high, but you rarely find it in a hotel. Good strong TV signal too.
Good strong wireless signal.
Frig and Microwave.
Soft, thick towels for a Roadway
Very Good Value for your money
Good access to I-26, I-40, the Biltmore, and the Blue Ridge Parkway
Clean, not spotless but clean

Cons
Same 2 kids monopolized the one available PC terminal
Some of the other customers looked a bit rough, but no problems of any kind
Hard to find the first time, it’s well hidden behind other taller hotels.

Tips
Blue Ridge parkway is about 5 min south of hotel.
Papa’s and Beer is a good Mexican restraint near by.
A good way to get to the Biltmore is to take the Blue Ridge Parkway. Go just take it one exit north and then north on Rt 25.

1  Thank Joe_and_Diann
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is a very decent motel; it is nicely located near so many attractions, prominent among which is Blue Ridge Parkway. The motel is also surrounded by a lot of restaurants! Our check-in was quick and the room was clean and neat. The only downside is that the motel has only donuts for breakfast (this is a one-dollar breakfast, forget about "continental" breakfast) and there is no designated breakfast area in case you want to sit down and enjoy your coffee.

1  Thank Saleh2011
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were looking for a place to stay for a short overnight that was dog friendly and not far off the interstate. This came up in my searches the day we left, so, we stayed here without enough research. The dog friendly floor is the first floor which you have to enter at the back of the hotel through a hall that is kind of industrial looking. It was kind of sketchy and if I had been traveling alone, I wouldn't have stayed. The room was dingy and since I knew we'd be back on the road in about 6 or 7 hours, we made do. I was doing okay until I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and saw a number of ants in the bathroom. I didn't sleep the rest of the night and let my husband get a few extra hours of sleep before we checked out. We try to stay at nicer hotels, but thought this would be okay for a quick stay as I know that hotels don't necessarily have to be expensive to be clean and that expensive hotels aren't always the best either. However, this was just one big miss.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

The room smelled clean and fresh, the bed, covers, and pillow were comfy. It was quiet too.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The person who checked me in was rude and I didn't feel like I was welcome. My bed, bathroom was horrible. They said flat screen tv on the website when I made my reservation when I get there was a small tv in front of the flat screen tv. The check out girl was to busy on her cell phone than to check me out. The breakfast was joke with stale food, coffee and juice. How in the world did this place get gold crown status?

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 days to visit the Biltmore and surrounding area. When we checked in we went to our room and ladybugs and beetles were all over the inside of the window and walls.I went down to the desk and told the clerk she stated "they are only lady bugs".She gave me another room and it also had bugs!Went down again and she stated she would give me a room in the front of the building the bugs seem to like the back of the building! The third room was fine and didnt have any bugs!The third night of our stay we did have a drunk screaming and beating on the walls in the hallway!I called the front desk and they confronted him and called the police.Needless to say I wasnt impressed with this hotel and wish I had done more searching.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple