“Comfortable and Stylish”

GreenLeadersBronze level
metro Atlanta
“Comfortable and Stylish”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This is my third trip to Asheville and my first time staying at this hotel. Very pleased with this property: convenient to downtown Asheville, spacious and well designed room. The double bed suite includes a separate area with sofa bed, kitchenette and work space. It would sleep 2-3 adults comfortably. The color choices in the public areas and room are pleasant and soothing. Pool and exercise areas look well maintained.

The lobby / breakfast area is cleverly designed. I appreciated the separate section which enabled me to enjoy my breakfast without view of the TV. Food choices included scrambled eggs and Canadian bacon, a wide assortment of breads, including bagels, croissants and more, oatmeal with 6 choices for toppings, yogurts (including Greek yogurt!) and more. Great attention to detail - honey and agave offered in addition to the regular sugars, and real butter along with other spreads. The little things show that someone is paying attention! My only wish would be for them to eliminate the styrofoam. It is out of place, especially in a eco-friendly place such as Asheville.

Great hotel - I look forward to booking here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ladytez
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear ladytez,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our new breakfast. Starting July 1, 2013 SpringHill Suites rolled out a new breakfast program and I'm excited to hear what our guests think about it.

Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.

John Zellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I am a business traveler and this property has become my home away from home when traveling in WNC. The refrigerator and microwave are convenient for left over restaurant food. Sam and Frank at the front desk are exceptional. Patricia the breakfast host is phenonimnal.

• Stayed July 2013
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear BHornbackTN,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay and thank you for all the nice comments regarding our staff. We are so happy to have you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Englewood, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suites because it had a pull-out sofa for our son and included tickets to the Biltmore for our entire stay. The front desk was very accommodating and our tickets were ready when we arrived. The breakfast in the morning was good, but did not include biscuits and gravy which we love on vacation. The room was our only issue; it was just not a good suite. With only a partial wall dividing the room with a sofa from the bedroom, it made the bedroom very small and if the sofa was pulled out to a bed, there was no way to get to the coffee pot by the front door except to crawl over. it seemed rather dangerous if there was an emergency and you needed to reach the front door. With only one door to the bathroom the guest on the sofa bed had to go around the bed to get there. The bathroom was well maintained, but again the design was flawed. You had to stand up to reach the toilet paper roll on the wall across from the toilet.
While the design flaws of the room were small inconveniences, the overall hotel stay was pleasant due to the cleanliness of the hotel and helpfulness of the front desk. One other inconvenience was that although we had prepaid out stay, when we returned home, we had an additional $40.00 charge from the hotel. When I called, I was told that was standard as an advance charge for incidentals, but would be credited back to our card in a few days since we did not have any more charges. I did not appreciate this.
Overall, the hotel was pleasant, but I might try another one closer to the Bltmore with a different room design the next time.

Room Tip: Suite is not the best choice if you need the sofa bed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Susna92,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not care for the layout of your room. We are an all studtio suite hotel which means that there is no speration of the bedroom and living room. While some people like this layout, some prefer the complete seperation of the bedroom. In regards to the $40 hold on your credit card, this is to cover any incidentals that you may have and is a standard practice at any hotel in order to establish credit at check in. If you have no extra charges then the hold is released the day you check out, however, it may take your bank up to 10 business days to release the authorization.

Thank you again for your review.

Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We were only in Asheville for one night, and had a lovely stay at this location. The building seems very new and modern - sleek design and very good condition. Rooms were very big - the room with two double beds had two tvs - one by the beds and one in the little sitting area. The kids loved the pool. The exercise room was small but functional. Breakfast was crowded and unfortunately we didn't realize it ended at 9:00 on weekdays, so we didn't get much to eat, but that was our fault. Location was close to downtown (about 5 minutes drive) and there were lots of decent restaurants nearby. Staff was very friendly. Kids wanted to stay another night. Will definitely come back the next time we are in town.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear MichelleKM,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your kids wanted to stay another night. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.

Dacula, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent the day in downtown Asheville before heading to the hotel to check in. We were very surprised to find out how close the hotel was to downtown. We checked in, refreshed ourselves and then headed back out to downtown for dinner. It was so convenient. The hotel offers what we're looking for - free parking, free internet (although slow, still better than having to pay for it), a spacious room, free breakfast, all at a reasonable price. Our room was clean and spacious. I just wished that the air conditioner was quieter, and that there were shelves to put our toiletries on by the sink. I liked having the sink separate from the bathroom, but there was hardly any room by the sink to put our stuff. Other than that, we had a comfortable stay. The breakfast spread was kind of small, but the food was good.

Also, the staff was awesome. They made me feel like a very special guest. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a basic, no-frill, clean, spacious, affordable, comfortable hotel very close to downtown. It's also close to a large grocery store and some chain shopping stores, which would come in handy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Catherine P,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you also for your comments regarding shelving in the vanity and the ac noise. I hope to have additional shelves installed during our renovation.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We recently stayed here on a pre-planned road trip stop and was not too happy with the accommodations or the service. When we arrived the receptionist was on the phone with another customer, but did not look up or let us know she will be a few minutes...I did go to the front desk later o n in the evening to get extra towels...the receptionist was using a iphone and an ipad...in a back room...I could see her and I am 100 percent sure she could see me but she literally ignored me for SEVERAL minutes as I tried desperately to give her eye contact...anyway...a young man who was cleaning the area walked up right by my side and told her I needed assistance...she acted like she hadn't seen me...rude...the rooms layout was okay...the two televisions in the room was convenient and the desk and kitchenette area were towards the front of the room in a small nook...beds were not as comfortable as the other hotels we had stayed at...the hotel is in need of some updating though and unfortunately the carpet looked as it needed to be vacuumed and the closet's shelves had a thick layer of dust...black dust...I'm guessing they have never been wiped down...there are about 3 extra side shelves that were a plus but we had to wipe them down with a wipey...the top shelf was the worst though and disgusting really....in the morning during breakfast...staff member was incredibly cheerful and sweet but the area again looked as if it needed to be vacuumed...and some of the bins with food looked like they needed to be cleaned...this was one out of 4 hotels we stayed at on our trip and the only we encountered this at during the breakfast buffet and the dirty closets...for the price you would think at least the rooms would be clean and service really does need improvement. Stay at an updated Marriott and go out for breakfast...this marriott is not in the league of others I have stayed at.t

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rubiicela
shsasheville, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Asheville, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear rubiicela,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We strive hard to ensure that every guest has a clean and comfortable room and that they enjoy their stay. I am sorry that we fell short of those goals during your time with us. I have forwarded your review onto our Housekeeping Manager and Desk Manager so they can review it with their staff in order to improve.

Again, please accept my apologies and I hope that you will give us another try in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here on a road trip and found the property to be very acceptable. It was great value at $60 a night so who can complain at that? Free Wi fi and breakfast too. Not sure how they make a profit! The hotel is not located in Asheville just on the outskirts but there is a Carrabba's next door so you can walk to get something to eat. The town is 5 minutes away in the car.
The aircon is noisy would be my only negative about the property.

Room Tip: I think they are all pretty similar!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear keith Y,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I am sorry to hear that the ac was noisy, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Asheville.