“Unique items at this place”
Review of 5 Walnut Wine Bar

5 Walnut Wine Bar
Ranked #114 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Well, we wish the music didn't start so late. On a Friday night, it starts at 10:00. We were long gone. When we walked in, the place was slammed. We found a seat, were given menus, and waited. Waited and waited. I was about to leave when the bartender approached us, apologized, and got us our drinks. From then on, our service was great. There were lots of good wines to try.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

stopped in on a Saturday night, pretty crowded, waited for a few minutes and snagged a great table, high barstools; great band, and wine plus to top it off, a few dark chocolates!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went to 5 Walnut Wine Bar for the first time last night, and were very pleased. We loved the daily $5 wine specials, enjoyed the selection of beer, wine, and light appetizers, and the interior was very charming, with exposed brick, murals, and open-air windows. We will be back!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My date and I casually entered into this establishment at the recommendation of a waitress at another restaurant. We are so glad that we did. We had a wonderful Merlot that was on special for $5 glass while we enjoyed live music from a 4 piece band. The atmosphere, music and wine were outstanding!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great place but: Extremely stinky street people come in on cold nights. They can be disruptive. The entire room stinks within minutes and customers leave in droves. I'm glad I wasn't running a tab so I could leave my nearly full glass quickly. Reminded me of that Seinfeld episode with the B. O. valet. I'm sympathetic but I'm no Mother Teresa. I wouldn't go to a homeless shelter for a fine wine. Maybe they should put Wild Irish Rose on the list. I've got to go take a shower now...