“Good food Good price”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Name changed from Veracruz
Description: Name changed from Veracruz
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Best Mexican food Ive ever had. Veggie were fresh and the meat was seasoned to perfection. We went for lunch on a weekday and the place was packed, so apparently we werent the only people who thought it was great. The price was comparable to other restaurants in the area and very reasonable for the large amount of food we received. The mexican cornbread was my favorite.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We frequent El Que Pasa up to 4 times a week. The portions are large and filling and I always have lunch for the next day. The last two times I have gone there, the service has been atrocious and I have felt very unwanted. They always have 2 different musics blaring so you can't hear your conversation and the bar TV is loud too. The food used to be great. The service used to be friendly. Now it is a bunch of sour servers, who make it seem like we are just in their way by being there. My family and I waited 17 minutes last night to have a server come to us. None came. I had to go speak with the hostess. They completely ignored my son's birthday, although they did get the man behind us. We will not be back to this restaurant for any occasions.

1  Thank Creepydrifter
Reviewed November 20, 2012

First time having California style Mexican. We really enjoyed it. The portions were large. We could have shared a dish & probably still had left overs. Instead of the usual salsa to start with they bring a bean dip which was good. The salsas were around the corner at a little sampling bar. Great to be able to sample various kinds of salsa but would have liked to know what they were. One previous reviewer mentioned the music. Yes, it is a very chaotic at times (bar music got louder) and was noisy the entire time - dueling music. We were seated near the bar which does play one music and the restaurant another. If you can get in, eat and move on the food was amazing. As long as I haven't had a bad/stressful day before going in there I'd definitely go again (or at least get takeout).

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My family loves El Que Pasa because it simply is the best! Great chips and salsa. So much better than Papa's & Beer, although it's the same menu. The service can be slow when they are crowded on the weekends, but the friendliness of the staff makes up for it. I have never felt rushed to leave here unlike P&B. My recommendations are the Burrito Mexicano (it's huge....take half home for lunch the next day!), Sizzling Enchilada's, and the Mexico City Taco's!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I always think it is sad when restaurants start our so good and slowly lose it. We went today although our last experience was not so great, we thought give it another chance. My main gripe is not the food, although it has gone down in value but they have two radio stations going at the same time with the WORST music you could imagine eating to, pure chaos. Then we asked the manager and he just walked away from us. Then we asked one of the hostess to put just one station on it was like listening to crazy noise and they did nothing about it. We sat outside which was peaceful. The service was pretty bad also we had to get up twice and go inside and get what we needed. So hopefully they can be a bit more conscious of their horrible music choices while people are relaxing and eating and the service could be more professional.

1  Thank Julie W