“Reason to return to Asheville”

Plant Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Plant serves innovative, organic plant-based cuisine, local brews, craft cocktails, and biodynamic wines in a modern inviting setting.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Reason to return to Asheville”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I persuaded three omnivore adults and two omnivore children to dine here with me. The eight-year-old devoured the amuse bouche before we could teach him the term. Even though the restaurant is more upscale than a typical kid-friendly spot, our server delivered crayons, suggested an off-menu dish that the kids gobbled up, and befriended the young diners to the point where they were trying to squeeze her for more ice cream without the adults noticing.

I've been cooking veg for 20 years and still had to ask what the kitchen did to create such unique flavors. Now I want to smoke my own hummus... And I'm considering getting a gift card to this restaurant for the omnivore friend who lives in Asheville and days after dining here with me was still talking about the smoked, candied hazelnuts.

• Visited October 2013

Wilmington, North Carolina
“even meat eaters eat vegan”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I'm a veg and had to convince meat eaters to dine here. They loved it as much as I! Amazing dessert!

Asheville, North Carolina
“First time great, second good”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Really unusual vegan/vegetarian.
Lovely environment but kind of hushed.
First meal truly outstanding, 2nd meal good.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“OUT OF THIS WORLD”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this gem and are so glad we did . Who knew we had to make a reservation for a vegan restaurant but we were pleasantly surprised to see that the place was full with smart people who knew better. The kind owner did ultimately accommodate us and we were so happy he did. The food was exquisite ..my husband does not even like Brussel sprouts and loved the cream of Brussel sprout soup. Everything was amazing and this is truly one of the best meals we have had. The service was outstanding and so were the wines and desserts . What more can I say other than you owe it to yourself to try this wonderful place . I know we will be back.

Asheville, North Carolina
“The food is outstanding”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

As others have said, vegetarian or not, this is just good food. How many times do you walk out saying that was really good? Excellent ingredients and nicely presented. One of our favorite restaurants in Asheville.

• Visited October 2013