“Not Good”

Plant Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 800 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Plant serves innovative, organic plant-based cuisine, local brews, craft cocktails, and biodynamic wines in a modern inviting setting.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We waited well over an hour to receive our food and then when it arrived it was luke warm at best. My wife didn't get what she ordered and because we had waited such a long time to get our order just ate what she got. Our food was bland but was covered with excessive spices as to try and hide the blandness of the actual ingredients which I'm still trying to figure out. This place is a sorry excuse for a restaurant and I'm sure better vegan food can be found else where and I know better service can.

Do yourself a huge favor if you are thinking about going to this so call restaurant...choose ANY other place in downtown Asheville...you'll be glad you did.

Note: I'd give them less than a 1- Star if I could.

By the way...all these 4 & 5 Star ratings must be employes or friends of employees or there must be some serious inconsistencies with their food & service...IMO.

This is my second attempt to rate this restaurant....Trip Adviser would not publish my first rating as they said there was fraud in my review????

1  Thank Joe P
There are newer reviews for Plant Vegan Restaurant

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was taken to Plant by a non-vegan, completely meat eater who had done his research and wanted to find the best place to take me- he succeeded! We went for brunch, and I was so excited to get an almond milk mocha! The food was amazing, and my meat-eater loved the vegan options, and we left with leftovers! The service was incredibly nice, and while good food may take slightly longer, it was completely worth it- we just ordered coffee drinks and hung out, and our server, again, was so incredibly nice! A must stop in if you're around Asheville, even if you aren't a vegan (like myself), as meat eaters will love as well!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Love Plant. We live about two hrs away and take several trips to Avl. Per year. We plan our visits around this restaurant! It's a nice bonus to chat with the owners about this great thing they have going. Keep the goods coming, folks.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a great evening meal here. It was a such pleasure to dine vegan and not sacrifice on quality and taste Some portions were too tiny.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

There will be many carnivores that may pass over Plant due to it having only vegetarian options. If they do, they are making a mistake! My husband likes a good steak like many men, but he says that Plant is a must for any meat eater – It is that good!
The interior of the restaurant is tastefully done and is definitely a romantic place to dine. Candles adorn all of the tables.
We started with the restaurants smoked hummus with a cucumber salad, roasted garlic bulb, pickled peppadew, and grilled house bread. It was wonderful! The smoky flavor was not over the top, giving the hummus a unique flavor.
Our waitress recommended a very nice wine: Rio Madre, from the Rioja region of Spain. It was perfect for our hummus and entrées. My husband made an excellent choice that he shared with me: Red Curry Tofu. It is jasmine rice and kaffir lime cakes with teriyaki broccoli, and Thai basil that has a galangal-peanut curry sauce. This was one of the best Asian entrées we have ever had, be it in San Francisco, Seattle or Vancouver, BC. I ordered Plant’s soup of the day that came with toasted ciabatti. The soup was very fresh and tasty…but I kept going back to my husband’s entrée.
We finished our meal with just one scoop of Plant’s ice creams that is made fresh on the premises. It was peanut butter / chocolate with sprinkles of chocolate in it. The ice cream was a perfect way to top off the meal.
Plant is definitely one of the two best restaurants in this great foodie town (see our review for Curate) thus the next time we are in Asheville, we will make sure to make reservations (a must!) for dinner. Please note that Plant just serves dinners seven days a week due to the high demand for their nighttime meals.