“Innovative and fresh!”

Plant Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 789 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Plant serves innovative, organic plant-based cuisine, local brews, craft cocktails, and biodynamic wines in a modern inviting setting.
“Innovative and fresh!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The most intriguing spark your palate will find in Asheville! The most clean health for your dollar. A party in your mouth, a party in Plants! Dishes you won;t find anywhere else in town. The former chef of Asheville's Laughing Seed opened this restaurant to create a much finer dining experience, more eleaent and more healthful. Don;t let the health nut factor deter you, vegans and meat eaters will both delight in the options of raw enchiladas and bbq seitan...mmm shiitake bacon, what? Honestly, I'm vegetarian and seiten is too convincing to me, I actually feel like I'm eating meat! My only complaint was the luch portion seemed bit small.

• Visited August 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Vegan or not, don't miss this spot”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We're far from Vegans (or vegetarian), but we both enjoyed a wonderful meal at Plant. The staff was helpful and offered suggestions, and the food lived up to all the praise that led us to the door.

My husband devoured his veggie burger, while my hazelnut crusted seitan removed all doubt that seitan was good. The side of Brussels sprouts and cauliflower were cooked to perfection as well.

I promise, even carnivores will enjoy a meal here - give it a shot!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank NYIFan
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I cannot consider myself completely vegetarian because I occasionally eat chicken and fish, and sometimes even meat. Sorry, it is the truth! However, I must confess this restaurant makes me crazy. Flavors are amazing and every dish tastes exquisite. Desserts (the sinking float porter) and appetizers (smoked hummus) are my favorites. Every single ingredient they serve is fresh and they try to buy their products locally. In terms of prices it is reasonable expensive. In terms of food quality: big thumbs always for the chefs. The place is also very clean and the atmosphere is amazing. Worth more than one visit.

• Visited December 2012
North Carolina
“Wonderful Dining Experience-A True Gem!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

There is a reason Plant one of the top restaurants in Asheville, if not the best! I have had the opportunity to dine here on multiple occasions and every aspect of the experience is superb. The soups are fantastic-my favorite being the Cream of Celery. You can't go wrong with any of the entrees-each made with such attention to detail and delicious-Anything they make with Seitan is fantastic! Their homemade ice cream is a perfect way to end the meal. They also have an organic wine list which pairs well with any of their entrees.

Luckily, my parents live in Asheville, so whenever I come to visit, I always make it a priority to dine at Plant. Their host, Alan, was so kind when I came up during the week of Thanksgiving. He was able to assist me in getting a reservation for the Thanksgiving special dinner, but when my husband was going to be late for our reservation, he was able to accomodate us and we got our entire order to go-no problem at all, even though the restaurant was super busy that night! The host and wait staff treated me with such kindness. They really make the place special! I would highly recommend Plant to anyone in the Asheville area looking to have a amazing, healthy, and delicious meal. I will surely be back!

• Visited November 2012
Western North Carolina
“You don't have to be a vegan to love Plant!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We first encountered Plant's offerings at "A Taste of Asheville" a food grazing extravaganza put on by AIR, the Asheville Independent Restaurant owners' association. Plant's seitan skewers were the first food we sampled and truly the most memorable of all we sampled. We decided to buy AIR's Passport, which entitles purchasers to buy one/get one free meals at many of Asheville's restaurants.

Yesterday we tried Plant for lunch and sat outside. Our waitress was delightfully cheery and the food amazing! Immediate reaction was "This has to be one of the best restaurants in Asheville - probably one of the best I've ever eaten in." My husband's 'Villy Cheesesteak satisfied his Cheesesteak lust and he didn't complain about a lack of meat. The French Fries were so good they had me checking Amazon for a French Fry cutter. My Shaved Seitan Reuben, accompanied by a salad with their house dressing, was equally delicious. For dessert we had pumpkin cheesecake with maple pecan ice cream. It was hard to believe there was no dairy in the ice cream. Very delicious dessert. We definitely plan on going back for their inventive and delicious fare.

• Visited January 2013