“Fantastic Food and Wonderful Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Plant Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Plant serves innovative, organic plant-based cuisine, local brews, craft cocktails, and biodynamic wines in a modern inviting setting.
East Sandwich
“Fantastic Food and Wonderful Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

How wonderful to go to a restaurant and be able to eat anything I want without worrying about the ingredients! Not only that, but the restaurant was packed - vegans and meat eaters too. Everyone was thoroughly enjoying their food. No wonder Plant is a top rated restaurant in this great-restaurant town.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Knoxville, Tennessee
“A delightful treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife surprised me with a trip to Asheville on September 29th and included a surprise dinner reservation at Plant. This was a delightful treat indeed. We live in a nearby city that is not quite as progressive, yet, as Asheville and has fewer veggie/vegan options. Upon arrival in Asheville and asking around I immediately noticed that almost everyone I encountered was either vegetarian or vegan. It is a town where it is frequent to refer to others, tongue-in-cheek, as "The Omnivores." It is against this backdrop that it is possible for such a unique and delicious alternative restaurant to develop and flourish. The night we were there we were seated promptly and my wife was forewarned that a reservation would be necessary. It immediately filled up and stayed full which is so encouraging - I have never been anywhere that there were so many folks enjoying a non-meat based experience. The table beside us was a mix of people and I heard several people say they were meat-eaters and were thrilled with the food. This is exactly the type of experience that shows people that there are good options and that a veggie/vegan diet can be great. I had a mushroom combo dish (forgot the name) and my wife had a spicy grilled tofu with a Thai-inspired peanut sauce. Both were fabulous. We opened with a vegan cheese platter which was out of this world. The high-light of my night was that Plant offered a very unusual jalapeno beer that the waitress told me was brewed just a few blocks down the street. While you wouldn't (probably) want to knock back a pitcher of the stuff it was a great pairing to have one with the cheese plate and especially the spicy tofu dish. The service was swift, attentive, polite and memorable. We took advantage of the unusually numerous vegetarian and vegan options in Asheville and ate at a couple of other plant-based restaurants but Plant was a unique and winning experience.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MaidenPowerslave
Tennessee
“OMG beyond delish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

This restaurant was awesome. The food was incredible. All vegan but don't let that scare you. There were omnivores there that loved everything. We ordered the "cheese" plate and ate every crumb. Also ordered the red curry tofu. Very good. My hubby got a jalepeno beer which knocked his socks off. I wish we had this restaurant in Knoxville. I would eat there everyday!

Visited September 2012
Virginia
“High end vegan fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

One thing I love about visiting Asheville is the opportunity to sample the great vegetarian menus. This is one of the best restaurants any vegetarian would love. The food is fresh, the recipes creative, and the atmosphere is relaxed. Lunch menus are reasonably priced. I had a tempeh sandwich but was sure to taste my wife's vegan "reuben" (without the cheese.) Both were just delish.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ProfessorCharles
“Vegan in style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just starting eating vegan. This is late in life but at least we are on the right track now. This food is great we do not miss the meat. I was surprised how good it was. Very tasty I did not know some of the food but the server really helped us pick the food we will be back

1 Thank Theogle1