“Wonderful soulfood”

Ranked #20 of 799 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Five Points
Description: Serving deliriously good fried chicken and southern soul food, Rocky's prepares "hot" chicken with the spice level any way you like it from plain to extra hot. Using natural birds and quality ingredients in our made-from-scratch recipes, we offer delicious American classics like mac and cheese, corn pudding, and collard greens among many more. Mouthwatering desserts include banana pudding and coca cola cake. We make everything fresh, in small batches, for a difference you can taste!
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Had the milduim hot chicken with collards and pimento cheese grits!! It was excellent!!! Will definitely return soon!

There are newer reviews for Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband & son love spicy/hot foods and have eaten here several times. They finally talked me into giving it a try (I do not enjoy really spicy foods). I was given a sample of the mildium spice before ordering.......TOO HOT for me so I ordered the Honey Style. The portions are huge and the sides are awesome. Truly southern food is served at Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack. I look forward to eating at Rocky's again.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The restaurant was very crowded when I went at lunchtime during the week, with two little boys in tow. The chicken was tasty but I ordered it too spicy ( even though I like things right at the top when it comes to most spice-ratings ). It tasted like it was dunked in hot sauce and fried..not enough flavor, though maybe it was just disguised by the burning in my mouth! The boys ordered some sort of nuggets and fries and were very happy. I'd try it again if I were in the area, but I wouldn't rush back. I should say that the counter people were very nice..no rush to order and helped us out with our choices.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is one to avoid while you visit Asheville. The food is mediocre at best. There is a big clump of a powdery substance (cayenne pepper) on top of the greasy chicken which is laid on a piece of white bread that has powdery substances on it....The sides are far from special.. Basically run of the mill. Nothing special here.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had never heard of this place and did a u-turn to go back and try it. Wow! Fantastic! When they say hot, they mean hot but awesome. I got the medium tenders, sweet potato fries, and pimento cheese grits. It is a lot of food and really good. I will absolutely be returning!