“Always a must atop”
Review of Mast General Store

Mast General Store
Ranked #8 of 131 Shopping in Asheville
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Whenever we are near a mast general store we always stop. Very cool store for nostalgic items, outdoor gear and there is candy galore.
The kids including our older ones love it!

Mast_Guest_Services, Public Relations Manager at Mast General Store, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Tina R,
Thanks for the review and thanks for your loyalty! I hope we'll be able to see you again soon.

All reviews
"nostalgic items"
"quality clothing"
"home goods"

Reviewed July 26, 2017

What an amazing place, you could find something for everyone on your present list including old uncle Ernie , spent ages here and bought fab gifts for grandsons and neighbours watering our plants, load up,your bucket with candy for 7.99 a pound

kiwierps,

Thanks for the review! I hope Old Uncle Ernie enjoyed his gift!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We were lured to the Asheville location by the promise of old-fashioned candy in barrels. The barrels were there, but the candy wasn't old-fashioned. The rest of the large store is a mix of whimsical and boutiquey housewares, clothing, and knick knacks. The college kids who rang us up were very funny and played a little with our bored eight year old, so the atmosphere is very pleasant. Just a little too touristy for our tastes, but definitely something for everybody here.

Cathy K,
Thanks so much for the review. We do offer lots of old-fashioned candy in our candy barrels. Lots of folks take a trip down memory lane as they stroll through looking for squirrel nut zippers and Mary Janes. I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for and I hope you'll give us another chance very soon

Reviewed June 30, 2017

I was convinced I wasn't going to enjoy the store, considering it a tourist trap, but I actually found several things that I had been looking for for an upcoming trip. They carried a Deuter backpack that I couldn't find in any other outdoor store, and the employee who helped me couldn't have been any more knowledgeable or friendly. I'm SO GLAD we stopped in!

PastorMom,
Thanks for the review! I hope the Deuter pack was helpful on your trip and that you'll visit again soon.