“Gifts for everyone”
Review of Mast General Store

Mast General Store
Ranked #7 of 130 Shopping in Asheville
Reviewed July 26, 2017

What an amazing place, you could find something for everyone on your present list including old uncle Ernie , spent ages here and bought fab gifts for grandsons and neighbours watering our plants, load up,your bucket with candy for 7.99 a pound

Mast_Guest_Services, Public Relations Manager at Mast General Store, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

kiwierps,

Thanks for the review! I hope Old Uncle Ernie enjoyed his gift!

All reviews
"love shopping"
"nostalgic items"
"quality clothing"

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We were lured to the Asheville location by the promise of old-fashioned candy in barrels. The barrels were there, but the candy wasn't old-fashioned. The rest of the large store is a mix of whimsical and boutiquey housewares, clothing, and knick knacks. The college kids who rang us up were very funny and played a little with our bored eight year old, so the atmosphere is very pleasant. Just a little too touristy for our tastes, but definitely something for everybody here.

Cathy K,
Thanks so much for the review. We do offer lots of old-fashioned candy in our candy barrels. Lots of folks take a trip down memory lane as they stroll through looking for squirrel nut zippers and Mary Janes. I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for and I hope you'll give us another chance very soon

Reviewed June 30, 2017

I was convinced I wasn't going to enjoy the store, considering it a tourist trap, but I actually found several things that I had been looking for for an upcoming trip. They carried a Deuter backpack that I couldn't find in any other outdoor store, and the employee who helped me couldn't have been any more knowledgeable or friendly. I'm SO GLAD we stopped in!

PastorMom,
Thanks for the review! I hope the Deuter pack was helpful on your trip and that you'll visit again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

A visit to the candy section of Mast General Store is an important part of our trips to Asheville. Where else can you find candy cigarettes and other old fashioned candy that you remember from childhood. Of course, there are clothes, local items and cooking supplies, too.

Thanks for the review, cslu1! I hope you enjoyed your visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Yes, this is a store - however, I would say it's more of an experience! As soon as you walk in, the staff is super welcoming. We were able to purchase plenty of great clothes for our 5yo and soon-to-be-born daughter including Columbia, North Face, and Patagonia (many of which were on sale). The store also has cute home goods and a selection of old and new toys and candy to bring you back to your childhood. Downstairs, they feature shoes, more clothing, and camping/hiking gear. It's easy to get lost in the store, I think we were there for over an hour!

Ryan C,
Thanks for the review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your visit. Our hearts glow when we read reviews like this one because we are always so proud of our staff. I hope your children will have a love for Mast like you do and that they will be life-long customers.