“Great new experience”

Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hilliard Ave and Lexington Ave
Transit: 6 minute walk from the ART Station. From the ART Station head south on Coxe Ave towards Aston St. Turn left on Aston St. Turn Right onto S Lexington and follow to 125 S Lexington Ave!
Description: about a year old
Wilmington, NC
“Great new experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Could not get in to my favorite Asheville spots on a Saturday night (Curate and Limones) so asked these restaurants and they recommended the Storm. Great wine list and cocktail selections (had a blueberry and basil Caipirinha - delicious) and the food choices were excellent. Our party had anything from the steak to fish to gnocchi and burgers and everyone was pleased. They even brought out a basket of grilled bread that would melt in your mouth. Was not expensive and the service was excellent. Thanks to the other restaurants for recommending this new spot.

Hickory
“Fantastic food and drinks!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Great food and drinks! They have a really fun mixed drink menu. We liked everything we tried. The food was amazing. We started with pimento cheese dip which has bacon jam on top. Very good combination of flavors. I had the pork belly for appetizer and it was fantastic. Great piece of meat with awesome flavors. I had rtheir pork hop special which was probably the best pork chop I've ever had. The shrimp and grits was good with lots of shrimp but it was a little small on the serving size. The mushroom soup was amazing. Two people at our table had the gnocchi which they said was as good as they have ever had. The service was fantastic and the host were as friendly as it gets. They were happy to seat us even though we were in hour early for our reservation!! Highly recomend.

• Visited September 2013
“Really enjoyed the experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I are always looking for great foodie spots we can recommend to our friends. This is definitely on of them. I'm not even a big cocktail drinker and I really enjoyed the Hemingway's. As for the food, fantastic. They local source as much as possible and cure their own meats in house. Service staff was friendly and on top of their game. We have already told most of our friends about this place.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Best meal we had in Asheville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in Asheville for 5 days and Storm was the best meal we had, by far! The staff was super friendly and the food was excellent. Everything we ordered was delicious. Coming from Houston we are a bit spoiled by the restaurants we have but I must say that Storm would give them all a run for their money!

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great location, great service, yummy cocktails, what more do you want?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My friends and I, after a very disappointing attempt at dinner at Ben's Tuneup, walked over to Storm to try again. What a difference. Storm is located on the ground floor of a large condo complex a block from the main drag of downtown Asheville. It has a very pleasant patio for cocktails and/or dining where we all settled into a lounge like setting around the side. You can also opt for a nice bustling dining room and bar inside.

Our server was a very friendly and talkative guy who seems to migrate between towns with great outdoor life (he was a recent arrival from Lake Tahoe) and he was just chatty enough to be entertaining without making us feel like he was horning in on our evening.

Cocktails were superb and made with top shelf ingredients with very reasonable prices compared to other bars around this area. My Ketel One martini was as good as any I have ever had.

I opted for a burger, medium rare, which normally in North Carolina isn't allowed because of state health rules that require medium or more done burgers. Storm is allowed to offer rarer burgers (as are a couple other places in town) because they grind their own beef so you are getting a freshly ground steak burger when you order here. It tastes like it too. Moist, flavorful and just pink enough to suit me, this burger along with fries was a very good substitute for the almost inedible fare we had endured at Ben's.

• Visited July 2013