“Cool, quiet, a must visit.”

Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hilliard Ave and Lexington Ave
Transit: 6 minute walk from the ART Station. From the ART Station head south on Coxe Ave towards Aston St. Turn left on Aston St. Turn Right onto S Lexington and follow to 125 S Lexington Ave!
Description: about a year old
“Cool, quiet, a must visit.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

While slightly off the beaten path, this is a must for anyone looking for great food and drinks in a great atmosphere. Their signature cocktails are very well constructed.

• Visited June 2013

Wetumpka, AL
“Unwanted without RSVP”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Showed up after driving 5 1/2 hours for a travel baseball tourney and was greeted you just show up hoping for table? Yep the place is mostly empty. Service was fast but who pours a beer in a brandy glass! Next beer in a wet glass and poured a huge head and I had to tell her stop! She failed beer pouring school. Food portions were smaller than appetizer size with 5 raw waxed beans as a complimentary item, wife dish was as small. My sons burger was nice size and he liked it. Really a look at me restaurant!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Cainwt
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Food, Intersting Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My date and I overall enjoyed this experience. We were looking for somewhere eccentric and got just what we wanted. Food was awesome. Portions are relatively small. Service was ok. Could've been worse, could've been better. We will likely return. It's a near spot and I got a good vibe from the restaurant.

Visited June 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Really good evening”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I went went here after another couple at our B&B Inn said they had a lovely meal here. Inn reserved a table and we walked down and were greeted promptly and shown to our table.
The decor is modern with very low lighting (both in lumens and physically; more of that later). On one side there is banquette seating all along the length of the wall with chairs at the outer edge of the tables which are fairly close together.
Some have commented on the restaurant having a loud or even noisy atmosphere. On the Saturday evening we went it was busy with a good buzz but we didn't find it overly loud.
The server was friendly, provided the menus, described the specials and took our drinks order. I ordered rabbit "three ways" special and crossed my fingers. I need not have worried. The dish was executed perfectly; lovely confit of rabbit wrapped around rabbit mousse of just the right texture and sliced braised rabbit made up the "three ways". It was served with fave beans and other accompaniments to complement the dish. It was absolutely delicious and now after we are home I would say that this was probably the best dish I had while spending 6 days in Asheville, and we had many really lovely meals in town. My wife had a fish special and we enjoyed an asparagus appetizer. All beautifully done and tasted wonderful.
Drinks were a Green Man IPA which I enjoyed and my wife had a Hemingway Daiquiri which was judged to be excellent but somewhat bizarrely served in a stainless steel mug! I guess that was maybe the nod to the wild Ernest.
A torrential downpour later at night meant we had to ask the server to order a taxi for us. She did this and said to take our time at the table, she would watch at the door let us know when it arrived.
So, cool space (be careful not to knock your head on the low hung lights on leaving the table), nice ambience, good service and delicious food. A place to have a really good all-round evening of dining. We hope to visit again.

• Visited May 2013
WNC
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Ate early on a Friday night and enjoyed a nice dinner at Storm. We had the rabbit special which appeared to be a combination of a rabbit sausage and braised rabbit haunch or leg with fave beans, shoots, and some nice accompaniments of Benton's bacon and some pepper jam. Another had the shrimp and grits. Overall portion size was good, service was very nice, and we were in and out in an hour.

Only complaints were the tails still left on the shrimp, the grits/sauce were a touch salty(but still tasty), and not quite enough sauce for the rabbit as the last few bites ended up being a bit on the dry side. That is picking nits really.

I would note that the pricing range for this restaurant actually ranges up to $27 for the most expensive entrees, not quite the under $20 originally lists on Tripadvisor. I look forward to a return visit.

Please note that the ambient noise in the main dining area can be a bit loud, so not the best place to talk business or have a first date.

• Visited May 2013