“Great zip line”

Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just outside of downtown Asheville on 124 acres adjacent to the Crowne Plaza Resort. Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures takes you on a 2-3 hour journey into 150 year old trees overlooking historic downtown Asheville and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains on 11 ziplines from several hundred feet to 1200 feet long. Additional adventures at the same location include a treetop adventure park, KidZip, and miles of mountain biking trails offering Asheville's only one stop complete outdoor adventure center. With over 40 years in the outdoor adventure industry, the family owned business is the most experienced outdoor adventure company in the SE with 3 generations involved in the operation.
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great zip line”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My 11 year old twins and my husband and I went zip lining. The guides were very friendly and very encouraging and knowledgeable. I was a bit nervous, but after a few runs I was fine. The most nerve racking part for me was crossing a few rope bridges. We did tons of zip lines - I believe over 15, but I lost count. It was perfect for us, as this was all of our first real zip line trip (we have done smaller zip lines on ropes courses, but not a full time zip lining). You aren't too high up, so we didn't get too nervous. You are mostly going over their property where there is a bike course, etc., so you aren't going over high gorges or anything like that. I believe this is perfect - especially for first time zip liners.

Visited July 2014

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time zip lining and I was extremely nervous but the two tour guides lead me to know what all the equipment did showed us about the oak trees and made this trip absolutely amazing

Ormond Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awsome kids zip and ropes course”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We loved this place , two nine year Olds and a 5 yr old. I had to go with the 5 yr old on the zip lines but it was fun for me too. All the kids loved it, we only did the zip lines, I did not realize you had to pay for the ropes separately. .. but they looked amazing and then kids let me know it. We are totally going back next year and doing both!

“Fun Family Adventure!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome time doing the treetop adventure! Our 7 & 8 year olds tackled the 3 easier courses and thoroughly joyed the kids' zip line. We were very thankful that we went on a slower day during the week --we didn't have to wait for anyone in front of us slowing us down or rushing us from behind while we navigated the courses. we will definitely do it again!

Visited June 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Truly Awe-some!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was my first experience zip-lining and I have to admit I was a bit nervous. That was quickly remedied by our instructors, Brandon and Hunter, who were great! They took us step by step into the safety procedures, taught us all about the gear we would be using, and better ways in which to enjoy our zip-lining experience. They even went as far as to tell us about the trees we were zip-lining from and for us non-locals they recommended some places to visit and see around the Asheville area. Also, for those folks who are a bit nervous about heights you don't start off at the highest points on the course. They slowly work you up to that point which I thought was great for beginners like me. All in all I would definitely recommend putting this down as a must-do when visiting Asheville. The only reason I gave it a "very good" rating rather than an "excellent" was due to the price being a little steep other than that this place was amazing.

Visited June 2014