“Just do it!”

Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just outside of downtown Asheville on 124 acres adjacent to the Crowne Plaza Resort. Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures takes you on a 2-3 hour journey into 150 year old trees overlooking historic downtown Asheville and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains on 11 ziplines from several hundred feet to 1200 feet long. Additional adventures at the same location include a treetop adventure park, KidZip, and miles of mountain biking trails offering Asheville's only one stop complete outdoor adventure center. With over 40 years in the outdoor adventure industry, the family owned business is the most experienced outdoor adventure company in the SE with 3 generations involved in the operation.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very convenient to downtown, but your up in some great mature trees. Instructors are very safety oriented, but they're also fun. In the summer, try to get an early start time, before 10 am, when it's cooler. You'll also minimize the chance of delays if a thunderstorm pops up. They had ice water at three stops to help us hydrate and cool down. There's some good variety in Zipline lengths - I think we did ten different zip lines all together, culminating in a 1,200 foot finish. We had a blast!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"activity"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Arrived at our hotel for the night, and checked travel advisor for things to do in the area. Found zip line canopy adventures and called them to see about our 12 and 15 year old going - its was already 3:30 with the last tour at 4:30. The staff i called accommodated us right away giving us the dress requirements, directions to the location, and making the reservations for us. When we arrived, they were ready for us. I checked in, paid (they have military discount which we were able to take advantage of) and off our kids went! They had a blast! Loved every part of the adventure. The guides were very experienced and clearly loved what they were doing. friendly and informative about area history, and when all was finished, they told our kids about the monthly drum circle in downtown Asheville happening that night. We went and had a great time. Looking forward to next year's visit.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Literally 5 minutes from downtown Asheville, it was excellent. A first experience for us with zip lining, so a great way to "get your feet wet". The guides were excellent, and quickly put us novices at ease.

1  Thank JennGriff14
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great way to get started in ziplining. Enough thrill for my 17 year old son, but so much that I couldn't enjoy either. The guides were great. Very safety focused. Ready for the next level now!

1  Thank tere r
See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I did this as part of our 10 year anniversary trip. Having done canopy tours before, this was very fun, but disappointing. I had expected to zip over forests, but this is more of a learner's course. I would recommend going to Navitat and spending the extra money. I wish we had. We had called them but it was 20 minutes outside of Asheville and $30 more per person. Don't get me wrong, we had an absolute blast and our tour guides were amazing and fun. BUT it wasn't the nature scenery I expect from a canopy tour.

5  Thank AndreaWM