Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for our anniversary weekend getaway. During the trip we wanted to visit the Biltmore as well as tour the Blue Ridge Parkway. This hotel is about a 10 minute trip to each of those destinations. The actual location is tucked away from the main road off the interstate, but it is still really easy to get to the interstate from the hotel. Also, it is about 1/2 mile from a grocery store (Ingles).

You also have a decent (not great) selection of food choices around you.

Room:
We stayed in the Jacuzzi room. The room was very spacious and was everything we could ask for. The only complaints I would have about the room is it is right across from the breakfast entry, so if you want to sleep in, that will be hard to do with the door open and shutting all morning. The only other downfall about the room is the fridge make a high pitch noise through some of the night.

Hotel:
The hotel itself is great. You can tell some of the fixtures and design of the rooms are a little outdated, but the INCREDIBLE staff more than make up for this. This is by far the best hotel staff I have ever dealt with. They were more than helpful to give us advice about the area, and even directions to some places we wanted to visit.

If we visit Asheville again in the future, I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Addison R
CISBILTMORESQUARE, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us. We're glad we were able to make your anniversary a good one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 14, 2014

After staying at some overpriced B&Bs in Charleston and Savannah, SC my wife and I were very pleased at our 2 nights stay with the Country Inn & Suites, Asheville at Biltmore Square Mall. We stayed in one of the suites and everything was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was great and we loved the complimentary coffee and cookies served in the lobby each day. The complimentary breakfast was better than average with two attendants making sure everything was well stocked and keeping tables and counters clean. If we had one complaint it's rude guests who let their room doors slam shut at all hours but that is certainly not the hotel's fault! This hotel was a wonderful value and we would definitely stay at another one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
CISBILTMORESQUARE, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your kind review, and we appreciate you staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed the cookies and coffee. We believe our breakfast hostesses are some of the greatest, we're glad you agree. Please come back and see us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I selected this hotel for its proximity to the Biltmore Estate (short highway drive under 10 miles away) which was my purpose for visiting Asheville. I selected this price point for a clean night's sleep and shower before a full day of Asheville tourism. It did not disappoint.

I can hardly remember the last time I spent under $85 for a room of this quality with complimentary wifi, newspapers, all-day cookies, all-day tea/coffee, free parking, and a full breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuits, danish, toast, waffles, oatmeal, and yogurt) that was so clean, updated, and comfortable. This hotel is great value and comfort for the cost.

The immediate area has a few sit-down restaurants, fast food, and a supermarket for dinner or snack items. You will find more dining and shopping options with a short drive into town. If you are simply looking for a good night's rest and a good breakfast to get the day started, this is your spot.

Management: I'd like to give a special applause to the lovely woman (name unknown) who was running the entire breakfast service on the morning of my stay (3/20/14) who ran operations swiftly, replenished supply throughout, and did so with a particularly friendly manner considering her seemingly busy and heavy workload. She was a superstar with a smile and deserves a mention!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Azua
CISBILTMORESQUARE, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your time to write such a kind review. We're very glad that you enjoyed the cookies and other amenities. Thank you also for the praise given for Roberta, we think she's pretty special too.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Needed a comfortable place to stay for one night in Asheville to get some of our belongings from our storage unit. If you are staying in Asheville to explore downtown and the Biltmore Estate, this hotel is a 10 min drive from downtown, and an 8 min drive to Biltmore. We would have preferred to stay downtown, but the price of this hotel is much more reasonable and provides excellent value. Our room was up-to-date and very clean. The bed was comfortable and we were not disturbed by any noise. We did not have any issues with the heater as someone else had mentioned in his review, since we were able to set the desired temperature on an auto setting. The staff were welcoming and helpful, and there was a plate full of cookies and newly brewed coffee even at 11pm at night. The breakfast consisted of omelette, sausage, biscuits, porridge, breads, pastries, fruit, waffles, cereal, and the usual beverages.
I would stay here again if the price was right. We paid around $90.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind review. We're so glad you enjoyed our cookies, coffee and breakfast. Please, do come back and see us again.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great staff! Clean rooms! Good breakfast!! We were there to visit Asheville for the first time..Great place to stay!! Just wish there were more places closer to eat that were familiar..but other than that we would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CISBILTMORESQUARE, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and for the kind review. We hope you enjoyed our town and we hope you tried our local restaurants. We hope you will come back for another visit and if you want to know where the chain restaurants are located we will be happy to direct you to them.
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The room was great and I loved the complementary breakfast. The only complaint we had was with the heater/air conditioning unit in the room. There wasn't a thermostat or timer on the unit, so we left it on the lowest heat setting when we went to bed. At 2:00am I was awoken by the stifling heat of the room and had to switch the unit to cool air at a low setting to bring the room to a comfortable medium. A few hours later the room was chilly and we had to get up to switch back. An upgrade to a heater/AC unit with a thermostat that could keep the room close to a set point would be an improvement. Even with this annoyance I would stay here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CISBILTMORESQUARE, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm very sorry that you got a room that had not had the newer up to date heating and air units. We are in the process of changing the units. We hope we can accommodate you with a room with the new units on your next stay.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I made my reservation a month in advance for , what I thought, was the location I used 3 years ago. But, due to miscommunication on both sides (myself and call center), I ended up arriving after dark in the snow at rush hour to the wrong location. I did not know where I was in relation to the conference I was to attend over the weekend. All I knew was that I was too far out and NOT at the convenient location I had been at 3 years ago. I was upset at now trying to find another place to stay at a location closer to my event......in the dark, in the snow........at rush hour. The night manager, Colan, was very accommodating to direct me to the Country Inn and Suites I was used to and the food services manager, Roberta, was very supportive of my need to be elsewhere. (she knew I felt bad about it as it was after the 4 o'clock reservation change time) I was.............and am......VERY appreciative of their kindness and accommodation re: this mix-up. Thank you.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the kind words, and we're glad we could accommodate you.