“Decent hotel and location”

Baymont Inn & Suites Asheville/biltmore
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 6, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night. The room was nice enough. We thought we paid a little too much for the hotel but in the end realized that Asheville in general was over-priced. You could do a lot worse for a hotel and the location was very convenient to Biltmore and not far at all from the Civic Center (reason for our trip). I plan to book this hotel again when we go back.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clt_cupcake

Reviewed July 25, 2009

My family and I stayed for two nights which were very nice. I am a light sleeper so asked to be put in one of the back rooms which face away from the road and was accommodated right away. The only concern I had was our room being behind the elevator (noise factor) for which I informed front desk about and was assured if that was a problem they would move us to another room but fortunately, it was not. The rooms are very nicely appointed after their remodeling. There is a small fridge but no microwave which I hope they add to all the rooms in the future , flat screen TV and the bed was comfortable. Location was good close to Hwy's, restaurants, shopping and right around the corner from The Biltmore House. Breakfast was a modest continental but the breakfast room is a bit small and can get crowded quickly. Our stay was wonderful, staff friendly, helpful and professional. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank RoadTourer
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I stayed here for a conference and saved a lot of money. While this hotel is used primarily for leisure travelers (going to Biltmore Estates), this is a good hotel for business travelers as well.

The breakfast area is cramped and zoo-like; so if crowds are not your thing, stay away from the breakfast area on the weekends. The complimentary buffet, though, has all you need.

The rooms were not extravagent nor tiny. The shower was smallish for today's standards but it did the job. Hair Dryer, Iron, Internet.... all was included.

My air conditioner gave out one night; they offered to move me but I sweated it out one night. They fixed the unit by the very next morning so no complaints.

This property is about a ten minute ride from downtown Asheville on congested US25.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TheNameofTheGame
Reviewed June 28, 2009

My mom and I stayed at the Baymont Inn a couple weeks ago during a weekend trip to the Biltmore Estate. The hotel gave us a second floor room, as requested, and everything was clean and comfortable. There was ample hot water, a large flat-screen TV, and an in-room refrigerator. The complimentary breakfast was more than enough to fill us up for our days out, and though we didn't use the pool, jacuzzi, or fitness center, they all looked clean. The only issue was that you could hear the cars outside quite clearly through the single-pane windows, but we didn't lose any sleep because of it. Were I to come back to Asheville with the intent of visiting the Biltmore Estate, I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank AuroraCeleste
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Stayed for two nights while visiting Biltmore, we were very pleased with everthing about our stay at Baymont Inn. The hotel was very clean from the rooms to the breakfast area. They had the best variety of items for breakfast. The hotel staff were very friendly & willing to help make our stay comfortable. The bedding was great with a down comforter & the most comfortable pillows we have slept on.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank natshel
Reviewed June 8, 2009

This hotel works great if you are planning on attending the Biltmore Estate since it is right there. Not far from restaurants. It is clean. We enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies and the indoor pool and hot tub. Has a breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WantaTellya
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel mainly for the location. I knew it was close to the Biltmore entry. I wanted to be close. I needed a regular room for my wife and I and a handicap accessible room for my mother. The rooms were across the hall from each other. The price was very good for Asheville in the spring. The staff was excellent in helping us with directions. My wife left an article behind and the staff was more than helpful to ship it back to us.

The free breakfast was good but the breakfast room was very small for the number of people who needed to use it. We had to wait on a table both mornings we were there. There is coffee and cookies available during the day, yum.

We spent a day at Biltmore Estate. We toured the house and visited the gardens and farm. The 4 new rooms opened to the public this spring were something to see. I suggest you look at the video on the internet site to see details of how the restoration took place.

For food, I suggest that you try one of the restaurants on Wall Street. Be sure to park in the deck because there are only a few spaces on Wall Street.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple