“Excellent food for a great price!”
Review of Homegrown

Homegrown
Ranked #85 of 830 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped in for a weekday lunch. There was a short wait to order, but we were able to find a table right away. There was a large group that had ordered right before us, so we ended up waiting for about 20 minutes or so for our food to arrive. It was worth the wait. I had the buttermilk fried chicken and he had the sunburst trout, blackened and each of us had the pomme frites for a side. All for under $20! The buttermilk fried chicken was probably the best I've ever had. It was juicy without being overly greasy. He really enjoyed the trout as well. I especially like that they use local ingredients in their cooking.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I agree the food here is great, high quality and reasonably-priced. Not gourmet, just good home cookin'. Vegetarian entrees are a little sparse (for Asheville), but adequate. I usually go on weekends, and today appeared at 12:03pm for lunch and encountered a 20 minute wait in line to place my order (no exageration, I timed it). To their credit, the food arrived in 10 minutes, pretty darn good for a place running at full-tilt. Its now 12:50 and the line is still to the door: this place is popular! If you come for weekday lunch, be prepared.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a fantastic find. A little off the beaten path from downtown, but the perfect place to have a quick, fantastically cooked, southern style meal. Catfish po-boy is the perfect lunch! Extra points for having so many local ingredients.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our family went there last night and arrived early which was a good thing. This is not an elegant place-- specials are written on a blackboard wall and orders are placed at the counter. Waitstaff is charmingly helpful and very efficient. Food is local and cooked on arrival. The fried chicken is simply amazing. Go early and dress casual and enjoy this honest little gem of a place in downtown Asheville.

1  Thank lovey8
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped into Homegrown in Asheville after a visit to Biltmore Estate. The food was pretty good. We ordered the chili, buttermilk chicken, collard greens and pork tacos. We would most definitely recommend this place!