“Excellent breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Homegrown
Ranked #75 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naples, Florida, United States
“Excellent breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We will come back to this one. The breakfast here is excellent. The ingredients used are organic and the atmosphere is sympathetic. Only downside: They don't have expresso. So my hubby quickly drove to the nearby Starbucks and bought us expresso there which we had with our Veggie omelets and the amazing pancakes.

Asheville, NC
“Surprising disappointment.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

After reading other tripadvisor reviews I was anticipating a breakfast treat when I searched out this restaurant. The highlights of the meal were the excellent coffee and the jams that accompanied the biscuits. My wife and I both chose the Irish omelet with a biscuit and jam side. Orders are placed at the counter and then delivered from the kitchen to your table. We each received 2 small oval dishes, one containing the omelet and the other containing the biscuit. Both omelets were very overcooked, The egg itself was almost rubbery and ingredients all very over done. We could only identify 1 token piece of corned beef in each omelet and that was by it's texture as all flavor had been cooked from it. The biscuits were served at room temperature and were somewhat dry and bland. I doubt that we would return as there are so many really good restaurants in the Asheville area.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Homegrown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Well we decided to go into Asheville on Friday evening and we stopped at Homegrown for some dinner. If you are looking for a white tableclothe place don't bother but if you are looking for something a little different you have come to the right place. The NC Flounder (fish and chips) was so good. I have been to places that speciaize is this and I have to say this was not greasy and so crispy and flaky. Sometime the service is a little off but what can I say it's a quirky fun place. Next time your are in Asheville give them a try for yourself.

Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful, eclectic gem for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I had to drive to Asheville and vicinity to check out some art galleries and we realized we would be out during lunch so we saw Homegrown on Google maps and after checking out the menu on their website we opted to give it a try. Wow! What a wonderful surprise. Everything is sourced from local farms and was delicious. In addition, the fact that everyone has to wait in line to place their order at the counter was a fun way to pass the time with all the bohemian folks that seemed to pour in like clockwork around one o'clock. The place is very low key, friendly, reasonably priced and the walls are decorated with local artworks for sale and reading material strewn about for those single diners that want to read while waiting for their meals.mI had the Philly roast beef sandwich with onions, cheddar cheese,mushrooms and peppers. Quite enjoyable.My wife had a bowl of homemade soup with sausage and a salad, which she raved about. If you are in the area and want a reasonably priced, healthy and locally sourced meal this is the place.

• Visited October 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Can't Wait to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Finally made it here for lunch and it was worth the hour drive. Everything was delicious and everyone was very friendly, including the patrons. We got the falentil cakes as a starter. Next time I will get that as my meal with a side item. I had the fried buttermilk chicken and it was lovely. With the two sides is was much more than I needed. My husband had the vegetable sauté with quinoa and chicken. It was fantastic, and enough for three people. I love the farm to table, and the atmosphere. The only reason I can think that this place isn't rated higher is that it isn't right in the middle of downtown, or near the mall. Do yourself a favor and go the extra two minutes outside of downtown.

Visited October 2013