“Amazing Stay!”

Renaissance Asheville Hotel
Ranked #28 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Thank you so much for making our first trip to Asheville together absolutely amazing! Your thoughtfulness and attention to detail made for very special memories. The bed was so cozy and the view was perfect. The location was exactly what we were looking for. We were able to walk a block over to all of the shops and restaurants. Your staff was warm and friendly. Zeb was so personable and sweet. There will be no other option for us upon our return. Thank you again!

Room Tip: I highly recommend a corner suite!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Renaissance AVL R, Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am thrilled that you had such an amazing experience with us! It is our goal as Renaissance Ambassadors to provide a high level of service to our guests and it sounds like we were able to exceed your expectations. I will be sure to make sure to tell Zeb of your kind words . We look forward to your next visit with us.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Asheville Hotel

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite often over the last decade. I always enjoyed it until now! I stayed mainly for the comfortable beds, but, they recently did a renovation and the beds are VERY uncomfortable and do not provide a good nights sleep. The rooms are very small but clean. If you have children I would not recommend staying here, you will be very cramped.
Another thing is the parking is very inconvenient.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very small. I always stayed on the 11th or 12th floor. They have a nice concierge...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RenAVL, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your patronage to the Asheville Renaissance Hotel over the many years. We certainly appreciate your loyalty, and hate to lose a valued customer like yourself. We are very proud of our newly renovated lobby, lounge, and restaurant. However, the guest rooms have not been renovated in the past few years, so I am deeply sorry that you ended up in an uncomfortable bed. If I can be of assistance with a future visit to Asheville, please do not hesitate to contact me. Warm regards, Terri.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for NYE and do not have one single complaint. While it may appear old on the outside, the inside is beautiful and modern. The bed was comfortable and the room was a nice size. I can understand how the bathroom may be a little small if staying for longer periods of time or with more than 2 people, but it was fine for me and my husband. The front desk staff were wonderful! We were able to walk everywhere!! Ladies, wear your boots or flats there are alot of hills! We will be returning to this property next time we are in Asheville!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RenAVL, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and discovered Downtown Asheville! It is our goal as Renaissance Ambassadors to provide a high level of service to our guests, and I am glad to hear that we did. We look forward to serving you during your next visit with us.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here in the beginning of fall 2012. It is a perfect location right downtown with the ability to walk the cute city block. The hotel is nicely decorated. The hotel restaurant is very good and I recommend breakfast. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Renaissance AVL R, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Asheville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed dining with us in the Writer's Bistro. Our chefs have worked hard to create a menu that is local to North Carolina. Please come visit again!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Location, location, location...Easy walking to downtown Asheville restaurants, bars etc.
Hotel has upscale modern lobby and bar area. Staff was courteous. Room was small but had ample amenities. Room was starting to show its age, had some wear and tear but nothing too crazy. Great shower head made for better than average shower experience. Reward member lounge has beautiful view of mtns and grove park. Decent breakfast offerings. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Trash truck made for rude early awakening, ask to stay away from any dumpsters (we were on the end o...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. However, I do apologize that the truck interrupted your sleep. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am a platinum Marriott rewards member, and must say this was one of the best staffed Marriott's I've ever been to. Everyone from the front desk, to restaurant, to bellhops were helpful, friendly and welcoming. It is in a great location, easy parking, and a short distance from downtown. It has a great lobby,and the fried green tomato eggs benedict were scrumptious. It's what you would hope to get at any hotel stay. Bravo to entire staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance January 4th, 2013 with our 2 children. The hotel has a great lobby and very helpful staff. We were able to walk to a lot of restaurants and shops nearby. We will defiantly come back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family