“Perfectly cooked steak!”

O' Charley's
Ranked #333 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My server went out his way to meet my dietary restrictions will definitely make this my go to in Asheville.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had no idea where to eat a nice dinner and walked just up the street from the Super 8 to O'Charley's. The food was great and our waiter was super. Would definitely go back there again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

O'Charley's boasts the $9.99er steak plate. The steak came overcooked and tough as shoe leather. The vegetable sides were decent and edible, but overall, I felt like I had spent far too much money for a cheap steak. Next time I'm going back to a real steak house.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My wife and I visit this restaurant on a semi-regular basis. On this night, we ordered the Panko Shrimp and decided to upgrade our meals by adding some Catfish to the plates. The restaurant was not too busy, so I became curious when our food did not arrive promptly at our table. It seems that our server noticed that our food had been overcooked, so he notified the manager. Soon thereafter, the manager approached our table and informed us that she was not going to serve us that burnt fish and shrimp. She added that she had put our order in again and that she would be watching this order very carefully. Before she left our table, she told us that each of us were entitled to a free dessert, since the cooks had ruined both of our meals.
A short time later, our food arrived alongside a piping hot baked potato and everything was prepared perfectly. We enjoyed our food immensely and then began to discuss dessert. Our server told us that they bake their own pies on site and advised us to give one of them a try. Usually, when a restaurant tells me that they serve "homemade" pies or desserts, I don't take it too seriously, because my wife and I have suffered through some horrid first bites of some of those "homemade" pies and desserts. I ordered the Pecan pie while my wife ordered the Cherry pie. Both slices were very delicious and I was extremely impressed with their pies.
My thanks to the server who caught our charred food and to the manager, who handled the error with professionalism. We'll be back again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

All I can say is "Wow". Everything about this restaurant experience was terrible, except for the service which was good.

First of all I got the "O'Fresh Margarita"`, because it was advertised as having Cabo Wabo Tequila (my favorite) and fresh squeezed lime juice for only $6.99. I thought this was too good to be true, and it was. There may well have been Cabo Wabo Tequila in the Margarita, but you couldn't tell because of the overwhelming saccharin-sweetness of the Margarita mix that was used as opposed to the advertised "fresh lime juice". That was all I tasted, no tequila, just high-fructose corn syrup.

Next came the salad, which was fairly generic: consisting of mostly iceberg lettuce and a couple cucumbers. Pretty much what I expected, except for the fact that the bottom of my salad was just barely frozen.

My girlfriend and I both ordered steak combos, mine with salmon, and hers with shrimp. My salmon was fine (albeit pretty plain and a little overcooked) while my girlfriend found a hair in her panko crusted shrimp.

Even worse: both of our steaks, which were supposed to be medium rare, were undercooked to the point of being cold and slightly purple.

Even with our $10 off coupon, the bill came to $32 before tip. I can't believe how upset I would have been if I'd have to shell out $50 for this meal after tax and tip.

Do yourself a favor, and go to a better restaurant. If you're into corporate restaurants like this, go to Outback.