“Family & Doggie Friendly”

Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Aventura, Florida
“Family & Doggie Friendly”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Great location minutes drive away from heart of city, historic neighborhoods and plenty of dining options. Room was good for my family of 4 plus small dog. Nice kitchen and living area. Finally a dog friendly room that felt clean and comfortable (comes at a price, but worth it I think, perhaps a bit too steep). Only negative is rate for room I think is probably $40 per night higher than what it should be in my opinion and pet fee about $20 too high (if price would have been a little lower I would have rated excellent). That being said price was a splurge, but I would stay again next time in city. Great front desk staff and property is very well maintained. Nice indoor pool and jacuzzi, but gym was very small (one treadmill). Good dog walking area around back and despite poop bags being available some people did not clean up after their dogs.

1 Thank RobRod33
BFH_Marketing, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear RobRod33,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of the Residence Inn Biltmore! We are glad you choose to stay with during one of our most popular seasons, especially with your pet! Our rooms are very pet-friendly and clean, and the pet fees ensure the upkeep of those rooms. We are pleased your found our Biltmore Village location ideal for exploring our area's history and dining options, and that our front desk staff was most accommodating during your stay. We hope to have you back again soon!

Residence Inn Biltmore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
pa
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here one night and had 2 dogs. The room was clean, comfortable and convenient to take the dogs outside. The staff were friendly and professional. I enjoyed the extra touches of a Residence Inn and thought this was a perfect location to the Biltmore. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank lilimadsn
Hello lilimadsn,

We love our furry guests and are thrilled you choose to stay at the Residence Inn Biltmore while visiting Asheville! Thank you for sharing your feedback about our property and we hope to see you and your dogs back soon!

Pooler, Georgia
Reviewed December 25, 2013

One of the better Marriott Properties in Asheville. We moved over from the Renaissance because that was disappointing, this one wasn't. Great location right near Biltmore Village. Nice rooms and a friendly staff. Pool and hot tub were enjoyable. Most Residence Inns I have stayed at have free beer and wine at social hour, but this one did not. That was my only gripe.

2 Thank Vinny0014
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We recently stayed her because of its central location to the Biltmore Estate and other tourist attractions. The rooms were clean and the staff attentive to our needs. They offered a BBQ that evening and the food was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wayneh850
Dear wayneh850,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Biltmore! Isn't our location in Historic Biltmore Village ideal for exploring the area? We are glad you thought so, and were able to partake in all that Asheville has to offer. We also love that you stayed with us on a night when we offered a delicious dinner for our manager's reception. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again soon!

myrtle beach
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott guest. I choose Residence Inn, because of the convenience and ease of travel with young kids. The 2 bedroom suites are perfect for us, as well as being able to have a pack and play available for our use.

I have never had to call a Marriott before about a pack and play, which is listed in my preferences to make sure it would be available. Every 20 some stays this year, my pack and play has been in my room ready for use.

For this particular trip I needed 2 pack and plays, hence the reason for my call to the hotel. In my preference section, it would not allow me to choose 2. I called the hotel and the Assistant General manager answered the phone in an annoyed voice. I explained the reason for my call. He next asked me for my confirmation number. I was traveling and I did not have it safely available. I told him I could give him my date of stay and last name. He was super annoyed by this which was demonstrated by the long sigh he gave me over the phone. He next rudely explained to me that any preferences are just that....a preference and that NONE of them are ever guaranteed. Really? Never had a problem in the past! I told him that I was in desperate need of the pack and plays because we were travelling with 4 young kids and had no room in our vehicle to pack one. His response was that the hotel only had 2 pack and plays available and they were first come first serve. That was all he had to offer. He did not show any compassion, give any advice, or help to offer in any way. I have several issues with this.

1. ANYTHING that could make or break your stay should not be a preference. A preference is wanting to be on a low floor, or extra pillows. What if I had flown, had no rental car and arrived to find that my child would have nowhere to sleep?

2. A hotel of his size should have more than 2 pack in plays, or do not offer. If you only had 2 extra pillows would you offer it to all of your hotel rooms. Think about it.

3. Customer service could have been better. Besides the loud sigh....he could have offered solutions, instead he chose to take the less than helpful route. Here is a great example of GREAT Marriott service. I stayed at a Marriott last May and when I checked in they did not have any pack in plays because there was a convention for kids being held nearby. This Hotel had 10 pack and plays. The customer service was excellent. The hotel actually called a nearby Marriott property and borrowed one for my stay! How awesome is that! I am returning next week to that hotel, just because of that great service.

4. I contacted Customer care for Elite members and Customer care for Residence INN. They both had no luck with the assistant general manager. One of the customer care representatives actually used the word " defensive" after speaking to him. Sounds to me that some refresher training in how to address customers should be in order.

5. Both customer care centers directed me to the general Manager. I put in a special request that she call me to discuss my grievances. She decided to email me instead ( not the most professional route). It gave me no opportunity to discuss my needs, and further no opportunity for her to do damage control. General managers set the tone for their hotel and should lead by example. Enough said.

6. I did have 2 pack and plays in my room to our relief. If not it would have been a late night run to Wal-Mart to purchase and then I would have shredded my Marriott card and moved on. I guess we lucked out and no one before us requested one.

We also were given the pleasure of a less than clean room. WE found a used nicotine patch under the mattress ( medication- dangerous if children found). Yes, I look under every Mattress- I am in this business and I have seen bed bugs up close and personal.

We stayed three nights and one day housekeeping never even came to our room. WE had to hunt for toilet paper.

The room beside us had a dog in it and it barked for 1.5 HRS straight and woke my 2 year old up twice. I went to the front desk to ask them to please call the room. The gentleman at the front desk stated that room 114 did not have a dog registered. Well, maybe the dog was not registered but there was a dog in there. He actually walked down to room 114 and stood at the door like I was making it up. Really? Needless to say sleep was not well that night. No one from the front desk ever checked on us to see if the dog stopped barking. They did call the room, as I heard the neighbors phone ringing through the wall. Unfortunately, the guest in room 114 was out, so we got to hear the dog bark for another 2 hours. I never did return to the front desk, frankly because they did not care. I knew they were doing nothing to resolve the matter.

Bottom line is: this place is less than average. Updates on customer service is greatly needed. Lead by example, so start at the top with the manager who did not even give me the courtesy of a call when personally requested.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scnurseMyrtleBeach
Dear scnurseMyrtleBeach,

Thank you for your feedback. We offer many free ammenities at our property, but some are limited to availability at the time and we try to accommodate requests to the best of our ability. We will take your comments to try and improve our customer service. Again, we appreciate your comments.

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend while our daughter was looking for a home in the area. Great location close to downtown. Great condo that was roomy, updated and quiet. Huge bathrooms with great shower experiences. The pool was nice and enjoyed by our grandson. Highly recommend this inn for a great Asheville experience.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank foodlovr22
Maryville
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The location was excellent as it was close to Biltmore and the shopping area around Biltmore. The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff was courteous. If visiting the area again, we would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura T
Dear Laura T,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Biltmore! We are so glad you enjoyed our location in Historic Biltmore Village, as well as our comfortable, newly renovated rooms and welcoming team members! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back!