Residence Inn by Marriott Asheville Biltmore
$115
Country Inn
$95
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$79
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$154
$145
  • Restaurant
$148
$134
$121
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$149
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$219
$188
Aloft.com
  • Pool
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$289
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
$271
All reviewsbedroom suitefront deskfull kitchenmission hospitalasheville biltmoremarriott propertiesthe breakfast areahousekeeping stafffree breakfastindoor poolfelt like homelocation was perfectexercise roomnice breakfastoatmealgas fireplacesocial hour
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We have stayed here twice before. This time we stayed 3 nights in a queen suite on the third floor. No complaints. Everything was in good excellent and met our expectations.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor so as to not have noise from people above you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed at the hotel from 9/19/2011 to9/22/2011.
I was very hesitant to book there because of all the negative reviews.

I called very late one evening to make the reservation for 2 rooms , spoke with Amanda G. I had an an unusual request regarding parking of a tour bus and a trailer. I was assured there would not be any problem due to the fact that the hotel had an adjacent parking lot that was used on the weekends for the overflow. It all went thru without any problem.

I have to say that we were all very pleased with the accommodations,how clean everything was kept, the friendliness of the staff and the wonderful spread of breakfast items, both hot and cold.

There would not be any hesitation in staying there again. The location is wonderful and easy access to the Biltmore Estate, Biltmore Square and downtown.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Corfu99
lcoop3980, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Asheville Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back soon in the future!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite over Labor Day weekend. The price I was quoted on line wasn't what I had to pay. I forgot to book the AAA rate and ended up getting our room for much less. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the overall facility was fantastic. The location was great, we were within a few miles of the Biltmore, Biltmore Village and DT. Great stay and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank WVClairenmaddy
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The front desk staff is condescending, and specializes in eye rolling and sighing when you ask a question.When we tried to use Marriott gift cards they had no idea how to handle them-two days later they are still confused.I asked to please speak with a manager when they failed to repair our pull out bed,which I gave them all day to do.I was told there wasn't one working today. We are extremely disappointed.By the way, not a single desk staff member wears a namebadge.Very unprofessional.

• Stayed: July 2011
12  Thank patlu123
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Because we have an abundance of Marriott points as well as two children who love their own space/free breakfast, we chose the Residence Inn for the last two nights of our 11 day vacation touring NC/VA. When booking our stay weeks before, the only room option for those paying with points was a one bedroom with sofabed. Upon check-in, we asked if any two bedrooms had opened to those paying with points. The clerk said no, but that she would give us a free upgrade to a two bedroom anyway so the kids could have their own room. We were so greatful, especially since many hotels would just as soon have the desired room sit empty than give an free upgrade.

The "bones" of the suite are great...two decent sized bedrooms, each with queen beds and their own bathroom. A roomy kitchen/ den area with full sized appliances (including dishwasher) and a fireplace. The problem is (and really, its a pretty big problem for me) is that it is waaay past due for this place to be renovated. The carpet, upholstery, and bedding is stained, worn and outdated. The mattress was comfortable enough, but was drooping and thin. Although I don't normally do so, I felt the need to pull back the mattress pad and check for signs of bedbugs (no signs were found). I made the kids stand away when popping popcorn because the microwave was so ancient it looked unsafe. And, although the room looked fairly clean, the "oldness" of everything made me feel as if it was not kept properly, so I felt the need to re-wash the glasses, plates, and utensils that were provided. This is not something I typically do (unlike some of my more eccentric family members...but that's another story). We had a food spill on my daughter's beloved "blankie", and had to do an emergency wash/dry. Thankfully, there was a laundry facility located on our floor (2nd) and we were pleased with it.

The breakfast buffet was one of the best we've had at a hotel in this price range. Hot eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy both mornings, in addition to cereals, waffles, fruit and yummy yogurt/granola/fruit parfaits. The first morning a gentleman was scurrying around keeping fresh food out, and also would step in and offer to make your waffles for you. The next day was obviously his day off, and the workers lumped together and chatted in the kitchen doorway and were not nearly as attentive.

As I said before, we stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was very quiet. I'm not sure if certain floors or rooms are designated "pet friendly", but while on the first floor waiting for the elevator we heard what had to be a dog as big as a German Shepherd barking his brains out. The owner was obviously out of the room or completely inconsiderate to others. I would be sure to check to make sure you are in a "pet free" area of the building, if such an area exists.

This hotel has some good things going for it....the location is great, the breakfast is delicious, and the layout of the suites is really nice. I will not, however, be staying here again until the rooms have been fully refurbished.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from those with pets.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family