“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Ate lunch here with some friends as soon as we got into town. It's a drive from downtown Asheville but worth the trip. Everyone ordered different tacos and they were all very good. They had a small beer selection and a nice outdoor patio. After lunch you can check out the art district and Wedge Brewery which are both close by.

There are newer reviews for White Duck Taco Shop

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great place to go for lunch especially if the weather is good. Always a line but worth the wait. Very tasty. Nice variety of tacos. Do not think taco bell.........treat yourself to these unique flavors.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We visited Asheville and stopped by the White Duck Taco shop on the way into town for lunch. We have similar taco experiences in Atlanta. We had a bit of a poor experience during our visit, but I would probably chalk some of it up to circumstance. We liked the tacos and the venue, though it was a little pricey. Our problem was related to ordering a draft beer at the counter. They were having problems with the keg, but they just had me pay and told me they'd bring it out later. By the time we were almost done with our lunch, the girl who took my order came out and told me that couldn't get it working and offered me two Tecate beers in a can which totaled the same price. I told her I didn't really want two, but she never offered anything else or a refund. It just wasn't the best experience from a customer service stand point. Again, it may have been a perfect storm and the place was doing a great business.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Like so many others we looked on tripadvisor for recommendations of inexpensive restaurants and decided to give the White Duck a try even though I had doubts about fish tacos.

It was the highlight of ten days on the road eating!

We had both fish and shrimp tacos and they were filled with flavor. The watermelon and mint salad was delicious and refreshing. The quality was a wonderful surprise and indeed exceptional, and the price is unbeatable. I am recommending it to all my friends heading to Asheville.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was our first visit to Asheville and we saw this place mentioned in several local publications. We visited twice and were very pleased. My wife is Mexican so tacos is something we have often, but this was a whole new experience. I had lamb gyro tacos, steak & cheese tacos, and Thai chicken with peanut sauce tacos. My wife tried the potato & mushroom tacos, fish tacos (sure, a traditional style) and Bangkok shrimp tacos. All very tasty and flavorful, served using freshly made tortillas.

The place is very simple and the outdoor seating is preferable. Oh, parking is free!

Not very cheap, though - tacos cost about $3.50 each and up for specials like duck with mole ($5.25) - but they are served very well, and the flavor is just fantastic. Tecate beer costs $2, and table wine is served in large drinking glasses at $5 each. We left very satisfied on both occasions!

1  Thank TraderBo