“Great Tacos, Great Find!”

White Duck Taco Shop
Ranked #32 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat that was kid friendly, local and casual. White Duck Taco Shop was the perfect place. They had indoor and outdoor seating. The tacos were delicious!! I had Bankok Shrimp and a Crab taco. The kids had BLT Chicken Taco and enjoyed their taco too! Staff are friendly and efficient. Food came out quickly. If I am in the area, I will definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

White Duck Taco Shop is located in the river arts distict, home to many of asheville's artists.
White Duck Taco is one of my favorite casual eat-out places and it is perfect for a family dinner.
It is very casual and is a great family place.

The food is wonderful and comes out fairly quickly. When I last went I had the steak and cheese taco with mexcian crema and it was DELICIOUS.

It is defenitly one of my favorites!!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The spouse and I are sorry that we went to White Duck on a Saturday night because we couldn't go back there on Sunday. If we had planned our eating out a little better, we'd have made sure we could go back there at least twice. Phenomenal tacos! Very inventive. The Bangkok Shrimp taco was just amazing. The hubs had a duck mole taco that is just unlike anything I have ever had before. We can't wait to eat there again!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

sought this place out because of tripadvisor reviews and it didn't disappoint!! Absolutely the best tacos we've ever had! The location is kind of odd....out by itself........almost thought we were lost! ONce we did find it, we parked in the gravel parking lot, went up the steps to the deck and into the building. We had no waiting on a Thursday about 2pm. We ordered 2 shrimp, 2 buffalo chicken, and a steak taco. You go outside to your seat and wait for them to deliver. The seating area outside is made up of picnic tables with umbrellas on a deck. Lots of interesting people having lunch...some with dogs and even a goat....but everyone was pleasant and kept to themselves. Really loved the food...and would Definitely stop again if in the area!! We dream of these tacos!! Super fresh ingredients and unexpected flavor mixes!! Delicious!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to The White Duck Taco Shop will definitely not be my last! I had the Bangkok Shrimp taco and absolutely loved it! The flavors were perfect... The curry and crunchy shrimp and sweet pickles on top. I loved it!
I also had the buffalo chicken taco. It was good. But I loved the shrimp taco so much!
My husband had the jerk taco and the fish taco, both were very good.
We also had the tortilla chips and trio of salsas. They were awesome. Nice chipotle flavor. I loved the creamy one best!
The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make everyone around happy. If you are in Asheville... Make sure you visit The White Duck Taco Shop!