Downtown Inn & Suites
$137
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$84
$109
Country Inn
Sleep Inn Asheville - Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$76
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$108
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $120/night.

$196
$181
Doubletree.com
$169
Hampton.com
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$177
$153
  • Restaurant
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$179
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$224
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distanceoverflow lotthirsty monkpatton avewafflesstreet noiseaaa discountwalked everywherecontinental breakfastthe ritzan older hotelrooms are cleanmountain viewbudget hotelcoffee makerwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had read several reviews before I decided on this place based on its cheap rates. The reviews were spot on though. Driving up to the building, I was VERY worried. The building is drab looking, rather run down and the parking is cramped (or at least I imagine it would be if I hadn't visited during the week). The staff was friendly, but there appeared to be some minor repairs going on inside which made me even more nervous. I asked myself "what have I gotten myself into?" The stairs were rough looking but the glass elevator wasn't bad, running smooth and offering a nice view. When I got to my room, I was very surprised. Not the fanciest place, but for the price and the great location near downtown, the room was super. The bed was comfy, the bedding soft and new. There was a fridge and microwave and plenty of lighting. The wi-fi worked ok, not great. The view from the room was awesome! The only issue I had with the room was that the bathroom looked like it was half-as*ed with repairs to the tile and ceiling but everything worked great. The heater was a little noisy but not bad. Had no issue with traffic noise or with neighbors. Just a great comfy, quiet, cheap room! A great place to stay close to downtown when you're on a budget.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Wolfgirl_364
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Downtown Inn and Suites Jan 18-21. The hotel has made some improvements and updates since we last stayed. It's a budget motel and the decor is dated, but the staff does a great job of keeping everything spotless. The front desk staff was the best I have ever encountered. Very friendly and helpful. Checkout was effortless. Beds are very comfortable. We love Asheville and will not stay anywhere else when we come to town. We can walk park the car when we arrive and never start it again until we head home unless we decide to go hiking. Well worth the money and the location adds so much value in our book.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the mountain side. A little bit more quiet than the street side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marty D
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Management/Owner really needs to learn customer service. After numerous stays. I have been banned for some unknown reason. All I can suspect is that on my last stay I was given a sub-par room and I complained, maybe I should have taken the hint. But alas, my direct address to "Dr." Patel was met with some child like passive agressive notes in their database.
I'm more than happy to take my 60+ 2013 bookable nights to a much better hotel for just a few dollars more.
STAY AWAY!!! In my opinion, sooner or later this motel will ruin your view of Asheville.

Room Tip: There are no suites. Rooms toward the street are louder. But really, just STAY AWAY!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nophile
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I can't add much more to the positive reviews here. I was surprised at how clean it was, despite the out-dated décor and heating unit. We ended up turning off the heat (in Asheville in December!) because it was so loud, but it worked so well we didn't miss it. We had a 5th floor, town side room, and if I stayed again, I would get a 5th floor mountain side room. They certainly seem willing to accommodate specific requests, even when the motel was completely booked!
The guy who checked us in, Greg, was easily one of the nicest desk clerks ever. Check in takes a while, but he keeps you laughing and occupied while he goes through the process. I will say that my husband, a UK citizen, didn't have photo ID (we don't carry his passport on US road trips), and this caused some consternation. But a quick phone call to 'his boss' allowed us to stay just on my driver's license. It's worth the time to pack the photo ID for everyone in the party.
I'd stay here again rather than in a motel out on Tunnel Rd., if for no other reason than the perfect location, but it was less expensive, probably just as clean too. We didn't even look at the breakfast, so can't comment.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here several days around the Christmas holiday. The room (5th floor, south-facing) was acceptable. The decor some would find dated, and the heating unit did its job, but noisily, and by blowing air into our faces on the bed. The staff did a good job of keeping the room clean, and the fridge and microwave were appreciated. The complementary breakfast was okay. The hot items, such as microwaved sausage biscuits, were not too great, but the make-your-own waffles, cereal, bagels and toast, were sufficient for someone on a limited budget. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They even proactively took a bit off of our bill because our heating unit controls were not working properly upon our arrival. Parking spaces were a bit awkwardly placed and sized, but the (free) parking lot's fenced enclosure was much appreciated. As many have written, the location can't be beat for those who would like to walk around downtown Asheville. I would stay here again without hesitation for the price we paid for a night, which was less than sixty dollars.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple