“Disappointing”

Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Fairborn, Ohio
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The first issue we encountered was a dead room phone. The desk staff was pretty apathetic about this but we still had our cell phones which became our only means to reach or be reached by the desk in case of a problem or emergency. Next, we discovered the high speed internet was sporatic. It seemed to be down more than up which we found extremely frustrating. Again, there was more apathy. Finally, both of our room key cards failed to function on our last evening in town. The odds of both key cards kept in two locations becoming demagnetized at the same time must be pretty high. They at last offered to change our room but for one night we declined. We were told that if we needed anything at all, we only needed to call.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
ga
Reviewed July 9, 2010

One of the main reasons I booked this hotel was the discounted Biltmore tickets that could be pruchased there and the breakfast bar. We asked about the tickets when we checked in and the clerk confirmed the price. We went to our room to get settled then went back to buy the tickets a half hour later only to be told they did not have any left. We asked if they could give us a voucher or discount on our room but they were not willing to help us. The hotel overall was okay. The location was close to the Biltmore but the staff were not helpful and did not go out of their way.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Clean room, good price and just where I needed it. Wireless Internet didn't work in my room but I really didn't care enough to complain. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Deerfield wi
Reviewed July 1, 2010

RoomSaver coupon advertised a $49 rate, when making reservation it suddenly jumped to $59. Excuse was a 'mistake' by publisher. When discussing with Manager (Chris) he had no comprehension of customer satisfaction. Treated me like a nuisance,. When I told him I would be contacting my credit card provider as well as the Days Inn corporate office to discuss my dissatisfaction, he told me it was my right, but that I shouldn't bother and that he was not obligated to honor the coupon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I'd consider this a poor choice for a hotel and probably wouldn't stay with this company again because of it. Nothing really bad happened, the room seemed musty, dated, and therefor didn't feel so clean. The pix of the lobby are decieving, ur room will look nothing like the updated lobby. Pool was ok. Food was good since it was included. If you aren't looking for superior accomodations and are on a budget with kids or whatever, this is an ok place, just don't expect much when you don't pay much. In the future I'd probably pay extra to stay someplace a little nicer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I was in Asheville on business and stayed here because it was the cheapest in-town hotel that offered Wi-Fi service,, which I needed. The Wi-Fi worked flawlessly, which was a big plus. Other than that, it was a very average ho-hum hotel. My room was clean and the desk staff was amiable and friendly. My only complaint was that they only provided decaf coffee in my room. Stay away from the breakfast buffet, though.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Canton, GA
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We spent about $50 per night for this place. Yes, really. The complimentary breakfast bar was beyond expectations. The rooms have been recently remodeled. Our room had a fridge, MWO and free wi-fi (sort of). Front desk staff was so helpful, too. The only complaints would be the inconsistent wi-fi and the awkward shower. Overall, excellent value and convenient location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends