“Okay Room, Good Breakfast”

Days Inn Asheville/Mall
Ranked #49 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the inexpensive rate and we'd stayed there before. The room was not carpeted, had Pergo-type laminate. The tv worked fine. The bed was old and too soft and lumpy, but we both slept well. It was still comfortable. The room was quiet and the a/c worked very well. The bathroom was a little dirty in the corners, but not nasty. Lots of people were using the pool, which looked clean and inviting. The breakfast is advertised as winning best breakfast in Asheville a couple years ago, and it is very good. Some of the offerings: eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, milk gravy, biscuits, all kinds of muffins, waffles, fresh pineapple and oranges, apples, bananas, canned peaches and pears, four different cereals, apple and orange juice, milk, coffee and more. It's a convenient location to the mall, movies, lots of big box stores, restaurants like Olive Garden and Carabbas, and not far from downtown. I'd give it 3 and a half stars if possible. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ConcertBum
DaysInnAshevilleMall, Manager at Days Inn Asheville/Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thanks for taking the time out to review the hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will take a look at the room you stayed in for needed updates. Anytime you stay with us and you are not completely satisfied, please contact the front desk and they will happily upgrade you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is a very lovely, comfortable way above average Days Inn. We especially were pleased with the large breakfast buffet. No cello pastries--fruit, cereal, waffles, bisquits & gravy. NO need for lunch. Nice pool too tho we didn't have time for it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank zumaqueen
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Hello,

It's always nice to hear positive feedback from guests. The breakfast is very popular here as you may imagine, but next time you must take some time to go for a dip in the pool if you come through during the summer/fall.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great value and location. Older Days Inn but well kept. Clean room and kind of retro. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Jason F

Come back anytime! We've had a couple mentions about the rock walls around the location recently and I guess it does provide a bit of a retro feel. It adds some character to the property and we are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The beds are uncomfortable very hard. I couldn't sleep because I was itching all night. Felt like I was getting ate up.found hair and dirt in the sheets.floors where dirty and mirrors where dirty as well.I asked the front desk for towels and never received any. Break fast was good nliked that they had complimentary water bottle in the room. That's it nothing I would look forward coming back to.

• Stayed: June 2012
DaysInnAshevilleMall, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Asheville/Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Hello,

Could you please send us an email to daysinn12902@gmail.com? We would like to review which area on the property your were located during your stay, so we can address your concerns. Please accept our apologies for your unpleasant stay.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed here last night and was well pleased. Room (107) was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Nice buffet breakfast. Hope all the rooms on our journey are as nice.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks again for the kind words. Please inquire with our front desk about a repeat guest promo when you decide to come back and visit Asheville!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I ended up staying here for only 1 night even though I had two nights planned. I spent the day downtown with lots of walking and shopping so just wanted to a nice and quiet place to crash. I figured being away from the downtown area that I would get more peace and quiet then one of the 3 hotels downtown and boy was I wrong. The two rooms next to me were filled with a bunch of 20ish year olds who were drinking beer and listening to music outside on the balcony of their room all night, which I had to ask nicely to walk by with my luggage because they wouldn't move. Then I went to go get some Ice and some water out of the vending machine and both were broke and had to walk around the building to the lobby.

The room was clean but the bed was just not very comfortable. I felt like I was sleeping under a super thin sheet with no comforter or bedspread. Like a lot of the reviewers said, the breakfast was the best thing about this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Nesalot
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. The main reason we chose to stay was because of the continental breakfast that was available. The second reason we chose this hotel was because the price was a fairly good value. We were upgraded to a Business room after posting a previous review on TripAdvisor.com. As I recall, the only difference for the Business room was a table, lamp and chair. Perhaps a DVD player. I don't recall the DVD player during my last stay. The room is average, but clean. We had a huge, heavy comforter on our bed that was too hot for the summer. We kept taking it off each night. Our room was very quiet. I was pleasantly surprised since we were right beside some stairs.

Positives:
1) Great continental breakfast
2) Price was decent
3) Quiet
4) Great location! Close to many restaurants, grocery stores and a shopping mall nearby. 10 min drive to Biltmore and downtown Asheville.
5) Friendly staff

Only minor negatives encountered:
1) Our safe was locked shut and we had to call the front desk for assistance opening it the first time. They said they would send someone right up, but it took 20-30 minutes for them to arrive. I would have appreciated a more timely arrival as we were wanting to lock our belongings up before leaving to tour the Biltmore Estate.
2)The air conditioning unit was a little dated, but worked sufficiently.

Room Tip: We asked for an upstairs room. Since there were people in the pool on many occasions, you may want t...