“Dishonest”

Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Charlotte
“Dishonest”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I did not stay at this location but made a reservation and Cancelled the next day. Cancellation was done almost a month before my expected stay. My credit card was billed a cancellation fee almost a month later. (They never sent me a reservation confirmation or cancellation confirmation through my email.) Manager kept giving me the run around and finally said employee whom I cancelled reservation with was off that day, which was not true. Manager finally referred the issue to Days Inn Headquarters who called me two days later and told me there was nothing they could do and referred me back to this hotel. This issue was recently resolved. I did get my money back, no thanks to this hotel. Guests Beware!

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank 1139anne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2011

My wife and I had worst motel stay of our lives. We were given a room on the second floor that was supposed to be a non-smoking room. I had lung cancer and lost a lung and the last thing I needed is the smell of cigarette smoke . The room reeked of it. We tried turning up the wall unit air conditioner which made matters worst since the filter probably had never been changed. Plus the noise from the air conditioner kept us awake all night. On the first night we tried using the microwave and lost power in the room. After we called the front desk it took over an hour to get someone to try and fix the problem. We called the front desk the next day an asked to be moved to another room because of the smell of smoke. We were told that there were only two rooms left to chose from. We moved two doors down and the room still smelled of smoking. After changing rroms we got a call from the front desk saying that they were going to charge us an extra $100.00 for someone to come clean the first room because of cigarette smoke that they were trying to blame on us. I haven't recieved my credit card bill yet but if these people try to charge an extra $100.00 they are in for a court battle.

Room Tip: I Don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NotHappy34618
North, VA
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We spent one night as a stopover traveling the Blue Ridge Mountains. This is your standard Day's Inn. Reasonable price, adequate room. The breakfast is more upscale than the regular Day's Inn. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
At $50 a night, you don't expect a 5 star hotel - overall it was hard to beat!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Email message to company:
With deep regret, I have to say this is one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. The linens were stained with (blood?), the shower faucet covered with greasy dirt, the walls covered with dirty smudges, and the bathroom faucet completely reversed for hot/ cold and on/ off. As far as the "best breakfast in Asheville," I can't exactly say as I agree. The only good point I can say is that the clerk (Jared?) was abundantly nice.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paca444
JEFFERSONVILLE
Reviewed January 30, 2011

We just finished a six day stay at this Days Inn. When they boast of the best free hot breakfast in town, they are not kidding. The food was good and hot and there was extra items on the weekend, which included three different kinds of pancakes. Every day they had waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, fruite, gravy, coffee cake, muffins, cereal.........

The staff was friendly and very helpful at giving us directions. The rooms were very clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. I booked this on line and got a great deal. We took full advantage of the coin-op laundry and exercise room too. Each room had a microwave and a refrigerator and the front desk had coffee 24/7.

We have traveled quite a bit in the last few years and this was a great value. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MATOBIN
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Stayed for New Years Eve and paid $140, looking back I cannot find anything over $100. Out dated rooms, breakfast was lacking due to several factors (cold, missing items such as milk for the cereal, watery orange juice, etc....) Got woke up due to couple arguing at 3 am. Linens were dingy. Over all a dirty place. Lobby was nice, but that's about it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank garren_11
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Worst place we have ever stayed in our life, had advertised free internet but the signal was zero inside the room we stayed. We informed the front desk about the internet, they gave the excuse of router. Basically that room had no signal as this room was exactly under the steel stairway. We had to carry our laptop everyday to check our emails at the lobby. After requesting they offered to shift us to next building on the second floor knowing that my husband could not climb the stairways due to knee problem with all the luggages, which was informed during the booking time. We could not get proper sleep as we could hear people walking up and down the stairs at night. We had planned this holiday a month ago but we had to prepone our holiday and left one day early. The clerk at the front desk did not even have a slight courtesy to ask or to accomodate us to shift us to another room as they were plenty of vacant rooms on the ground floor. All he said was you will not get your refund. We have stayed in so many hotels all over the world but this was the worst place with no guest service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family