“pineapple fried rice. omnom”

Suwana's Thai Orchid
Ranked #76 of 832 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tis restaurant is the best in Asheville.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I had been craving pineapple fried rice for quite a while so my friend and I wandered into Thai Orchid. Not disappointed. At all. My pineapple fried rice arrived inside of a cored out pineapple halve! Talk about presentation! We had the front window seat and eeevveryone that walked by was staring in awe at my food! haha I'm pretty sure it brought in some more customers.
anyways, if you want great thai food, eat here. They give you plenty of spicy options to add to your food too. yum!

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Suwana's Thai Orchid many times. In part because I love Thai food, and in part because this is my favorite Thai in Asheville. The service is fantastic. The location is perfect. The food is very good, though doesn't quite compare to cities that have more and better options in Asian cuisines.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was in Asheville to play at a downtown event. My bass player and I had to eat somewhere close because time was a little short. We got lucky, this was right around the corner. We both like spicy food and asked them to make very spicy--but not kill us--it was perfect, very spicy and a big portion. Our waiter kept checking back to make sure it was not too hot and spicy. Very friendly and helpful--can't wait to be back in Asheville.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nothing fancy, just good, honest food. We've been a few times for both lunch and dinner. The atmosphere is simple, the service efficient and the staff welcoming. Best of all is the food - Yum! We enjoy Thai food and this is our favorite of the several Thai restaurants we've tried in Asheville.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This is the closest to authentic thai I have had in a while. It was amazing! Will definitely return! Get the spice tray. I got a 3/5 and just added spices.