“Yum!”

Suwana's Thai Orchid
Ranked #139 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tis restaurant is the best in Asheville.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My friend and I were beat since we had been walking around Asheville all day long. We were looking for good food we could take back to our hotel. I had a craving for pad thai for months and we gave this place a shot. I couldn't have been happier. Loved their food, wish I had one in my hometown. Though we did not dine-in, the restaurant had a great ambiance to it. The service was great too, they quickly took our orders and the food was ready in no time at all. Still thinking about that pad thai, sigh...

Reviewed February 18, 2014

One of the best restaurants in Asheville, no matter cuisine or dining style. Certainly my favorite. All of the Phad dishes are beyond description delicious. Everything we order always carries the hallmarks of freshly prepared food and what is more amazing is that the kitchen always produces consistent results. I wish I could say that we have ventured beyond the Phad menu as often as we eat there but we have yet to do so. Every protein offering is well prepared. You can even have catfish should you so desire. Each appetizer is delicious, especially the steamed dumplings and the crispy roll, the house dipping sauce served with both is a sweet savory, perfect accompaniment. Don't forget to try the Thai Fried Ice Cream with mango sticky rice or a Thai Iced tea or sweet coffee!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

It was cold and rainy outside, but we were lucky enough to be seated immediately, and what a nice surprise! The menu has selections for most any mood. Service was prompt and courteous.

We started with the Tofu Tod, which came with a nice peanut dressing and some chili sauce (hot!). My Pad Thai with tofu was amazing. The sauce was perfection. The portions were generous, and I couldn't finish it all.

We will be back next time we are in town.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I love the quality of the food, they are accommodating re. spice level (they even have a 'stupid-hot' should you desire, with fresh & tasty ingredients. I also really like the female servers, they're typically lovely Thai ladies with a great sense of humor, the male server whilst polite is very very shy and almost seems like the family member that has been dragged into the business!

My only real 'complaint' and it's not really because it just gives me more time to drink wine, is that the entree takes at least 45 mins to come out, maybe that's because I've always been in a group of 5-6 people? Perhaps, but it would be nice to have slightly swifter service especially as I've had plans each evening after I've eaten there. All in all, you won't be disappointed with the quality of food that you get here.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm pretty picky about my curries, but this one was well done. Rice was fresh and sticky, sauce was flavorful . Only complaint is that there wasn't enough tofu in the tofu curry.